Lennie Mahler, Deseret News
CAMP WILLIAMS — The Utah National Guard will conduct a change of command for Camp Williams Saturday, 10 a.m., at the Camp Williams headquarters building (Building 8000).
Col. Edward M. Willis will relinquish command to Col. Clark R. Roberts.
Willis, of South Jordan, took command of Camp Williams in 2010. He joined the Montana National Guard in 1983 and was commissioned in 1985. He transferred to the Utah National Guard in 1989. In his career he served as a company commander, operations officer, battalion commander and group commander.
He is a veteran of Operation Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. He is retiring from the military after 29 years of service but will continue his civilian employment as a biology teacher at Riverton High School.
Roberts, a Roy resident, joined the Utah Army National Guard in 1983 and received his commission as an officer in 1985. He deployed in 2005-2006 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom as a manager of the U.S. Army’s Intelligence and Security Command’s worldwide linguist contract for Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Northern Africa and Guantanamo Bay.
He is an auditor with the Air Force Audit Agency at Hill Air Force Base. During his career he has served as a plans and intelligence officer, operations officer, liaison officer, company commander and battalion commander. In his new assignment he will oversee Camp Williams operations as post commander.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21