SALT LAKE CITY — Grant funding for historical records preservation projects is available to nonprofit cultural heritage organizations and local governments that apply through the Utah State Historical Records Advisory Board.
These grants are funded through the National Historical Publications and Records Commission and are administered by USHRAB and the Utah State Archives.
Funding can be used to help repositories statewide preserve at-risk historical records and to provide access to important collections. Historical records preservation projects might include purchasing archival supplies to house historical records, processing or organizing historical records, purchasing disaster recovery supplies, or performing a records inventory. Grant funds are not available for digitization projects.
These mini grants are intended for short-term projects, and the maximum award is $750. All grants require a one-to-one in-kind and or cash match. Grants must be completed with reimbursement forms submitted by June 14, 2013.
Applications are required and must be received by August 31. Grant rules require each grant applicant to have a Dunn & Bradstreet Number before submitting an application. The grant guidelines and application are available at archives.utah.gov/USHRAB/forms-menu.html. For further information, contact Janell Tuttle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8