Courtesy of campusbookrentals.com
PROVO — Campus Book Rentals was named the No. 1 "Top 25 Under Five" company by Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum Thursday at Novell.
Campus Book Rentals provides online textbook rentals for more than 5,800 campuses, according to the press release.
This award showcases top-notch Utah entrepreneurs and start-up companies, according to Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum. Those that are nominated in this competition meet the criteria of revenue growth, job creation and for being a company that has been in business five years or less.
Collectively, top 25 recipients have created more than 600 jobs and $135 million in proceeds, the press release said.
"We had a record number of terrific award applicants to consider for this year's Top 25 Under Five,'" said Matt Bowman, chairman for Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum. "The 2012 crop of UVEF top performers continues to showcase Utah's leadership among states emerging from a tough economy."
Amy Rees Anderson, CEO of MediConnect Global, was the master of ceremonies. Anderson's company created the largest health information exchanges in the United States and has received many prestigious awards, according to the report.
In previous years, Xango, Omniture and Skullcandy have been highlighted in the "Top 25 Under Five."
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...
- There's more to why Americans don't save than...
- The battle over coal struggles to find a...
- Utah Food Bank security breach exposes 10,000...
- How Medicare is trying to start a healthier...
- Startup hopes to help children with autism in...
- Magazine honors fastest-growing Utah companies
- Handlers learn the finer points of sheepdog...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs... 28
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic... 12
- There's more to why Americans don't... 9
- Elected officials, business leaders... 8
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- The battle over coal struggles to find... 4
- How Medicare is trying to start a... 2
- Applications for US jobless aid drop to... 1