Blue roundup: Jabari Parker releases list of top 10 colleges
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
High school superstar Jabari Parker released on Twitter a list of 10 colleges he was considering Wednesday night, and BYU is on that list.
Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Florida, Stanford, Georgetown, DePaul, and North Carolina, were the other schools, in no particular order.
"I want to make my decision in November if that's possible," the forward, who is ranked No. 1 overall in the ESPN 100, told The Associated Press at the Gatorade national prep athletes of the year dinner a night earlier. "I just need to cut it down so I'll be able to go on visits and make my decision from there."
Parker said he hopes to reduce his list to five by this fall when he will start his senior year at Chicago's Simeon Career Academy where he is an A student.
He said geography would play a role in his eventual choice.
"I don't want my family waking up at 12 o'clock in the morning just to watch my games," he said. "But then again I have to do what's best for me. I have to go with which program fits me the best and what system and style of play is going to allow me to expand my game out in the pros."
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Deseret News Classic Marathon: Van de Camp,...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 103
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 83
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 58
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 47
- ACC media days has some interesting... 44
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24