Blue roundup: Jabari Parker releases list of top 10 colleges
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
High school superstar Jabari Parker released on Twitter a list of 10 colleges he was considering Wednesday night, and BYU is on that list.
Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Florida, Stanford, Georgetown, DePaul, and North Carolina, were the other schools, in no particular order.
"I want to make my decision in November if that's possible," the forward, who is ranked No. 1 overall in the ESPN 100, told The Associated Press at the Gatorade national prep athletes of the year dinner a night earlier. "I just need to cut it down so I'll be able to go on visits and make my decision from there."
Parker said he hopes to reduce his list to five by this fall when he will start his senior year at Chicago's Simeon Career Academy where he is an A student.
He said geography would play a role in his eventual choice.
"I don't want my family waking up at 12 o'clock in the morning just to watch my games," he said. "But then again I have to do what's best for me. I have to go with which program fits me the best and what system and style of play is going to allow me to expand my game out in the pros."
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 57
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 38
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34