Blue roundup: Jabari Parker releases list of top 10 colleges
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
High school superstar Jabari Parker released on Twitter a list of 10 colleges he was considering Wednesday night, and BYU is on that list.
Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Florida, Stanford, Georgetown, DePaul, and North Carolina, were the other schools, in no particular order.
"I want to make my decision in November if that's possible," the forward, who is ranked No. 1 overall in the ESPN 100, told The Associated Press at the Gatorade national prep athletes of the year dinner a night earlier. "I just need to cut it down so I'll be able to go on visits and make my decision from there."
Parker said he hopes to reduce his list to five by this fall when he will start his senior year at Chicago's Simeon Career Academy where he is an A student.
He said geography would play a role in his eventual choice.
"I don't want my family waking up at 12 o'clock in the morning just to watch my games," he said. "But then again I have to do what's best for me. I have to go with which program fits me the best and what system and style of play is going to allow me to expand my game out in the pros."
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41