Blue roundup: Jabari Parker releases list of top 10 colleges
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
High school superstar Jabari Parker released on Twitter a list of 10 colleges he was considering Wednesday night, and BYU is on that list.
Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Florida, Stanford, Georgetown, DePaul, and North Carolina, were the other schools, in no particular order.
"I want to make my decision in November if that's possible," the forward, who is ranked No. 1 overall in the ESPN 100, told The Associated Press at the Gatorade national prep athletes of the year dinner a night earlier. "I just need to cut it down so I'll be able to go on visits and make my decision from there."
Parker said he hopes to reduce his list to five by this fall when he will start his senior year at Chicago's Simeon Career Academy where he is an A student.
He said geography would play a role in his eventual choice.
"I don't want my family waking up at 12 o'clock in the morning just to watch my games," he said. "But then again I have to do what's best for me. I have to go with which program fits me the best and what system and style of play is going to allow me to expand my game out in the pros."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20