Blue roundup: Jabari Parker releases list of top 10 colleges
M. Spencer Green, ASSOCIATED PRESS
High school superstar Jabari Parker released on Twitter a list of 10 colleges he was considering Wednesday night, and BYU is on that list.
Kentucky, Kansas, Michigan State, Duke, Florida, Stanford, Georgetown, DePaul, and North Carolina, were the other schools, in no particular order.
"I want to make my decision in November if that's possible," the forward, who is ranked No. 1 overall in the ESPN 100, told The Associated Press at the Gatorade national prep athletes of the year dinner a night earlier. "I just need to cut it down so I'll be able to go on visits and make my decision from there."
Parker said he hopes to reduce his list to five by this fall when he will start his senior year at Chicago's Simeon Career Academy where he is an A student.
He said geography would play a role in his eventual choice.
"I don't want my family waking up at 12 o'clock in the morning just to watch my games," he said. "But then again I have to do what's best for me. I have to go with which program fits me the best and what system and style of play is going to allow me to expand my game out in the pros."
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27