COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Charges were filed Wednesday against a man who police said sexually abused and exploited his grandchildren.
Larry Guiver, 61, was charged with five counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony; and 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony, according to documents filed in 3rd District Court.
Two granddaughters and a grandson, all under age 10, told police that Guiver touched them inappropriately while they were staying at his home in 2011, according to the charges.
According to the charges, police also executed a search warrant for Guiver's computers and identified 4,230 files and 11 video files as possible child pornography. Police also identified 11 files that contained images of Guiver's granddaughter.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16