COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Charges were filed Wednesday against a man who police said sexually abused and exploited his grandchildren.
Larry Guiver, 61, was charged with five counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony; and 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony, according to documents filed in 3rd District Court.
Two granddaughters and a grandson, all under age 10, told police that Guiver touched them inappropriately while they were staying at his home in 2011, according to the charges.
According to the charges, police also executed a search warrant for Guiver's computers and identified 4,230 files and 11 video files as possible child pornography. Police also identified 11 files that contained images of Guiver's granddaughter.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11