SALT LAKE CITY — Effective July 1, United Way of Salt Lake welcomed 11 new members to its board of directors, now composed of 49 leaders. The organization also confirmed new members of the Board's Executive Committee for the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
United Way of Salt Lake's Board of Directors guarantees legal, fiduciary, and fiscal accountability, according to a press release. The Board also ensures the organization functions by its own bylaws and policies and within state and federal law.
The following board members began their terms on July 1 and will serve three years: David Buhler, commissioner of Utah System of Higher Education; Laren Gertsch, director of Rates & Regulatory for Williams-Northwest Pipeline; Cathy Caputo Hoskins, executive director, Salt Lake Community Action Program; Rep. Greg Hughes, Utah Legislature; Blake Larson, president, ATK Aerospace Group; LeeAnne Linderman, executive vice president, Zions Bank; Linda Wardell, general manager, City Creek Center Taubman; Michael Weinholtz, trustee, The Weinholtz Family Foundation; Rick Widner, director of network administration, Management & Training Corporation; Cherie Wood, mayor, city of South Salt Lake; Thomas Wright, president, Summit Sotheby's International Realty
The board has also voted in its 2012-2013 Executive Committee members, who include: Chair of Board of Directors Mona Burton, partner, Holland and Hart LLP; Vice Chair of Board of Directors, Chair - Nominating, Allen Alexander, Chairman, president and CEO, Savage Services Corporation; Chair of Administration Finance /Chair - Executive Compensation Scott C. Ulbrich, financial advisor, Robert W. Baird & Co.; Chair of Audit Jeffery Larsen, vice president of regulations, Rocky Mountain Power; Co-Chair of Changing the Odds Campaign Kem Gardner, chairman, Gardner Company; Corporate Secretary Co-Chair, Changing the Odds Campaign Kathie Miller, trustee, Mark and Kathie Miller Foundation; Chair of Collective Impact John Milliken, president, Milcom Inc.; Chair of Governance and Ethics Dan Cameron, vice president of Salt Lake City Refinery, Tesoro Refining and Marking Company; Davis County Liaison Sean Slatter, president and CEO, Logistic Specialties Inc.; Immediate Past Chair Board of Directors Tom Love, president,
Love Communications; Chair of Public Policy Paula Green Johnson, Community Advocate; Chair of Resource Development Dave Golden, executive vice president, Wells Fargo.
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- US consumer prices fall in November
- Abu Dhabi's Etihad gets A380, complete with...
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Poll: 81 percent back Putin even as ruble falls
- Technology helps visually impaired watch TV
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3