SALT LAKE CITY — Effective July 1, United Way of Salt Lake welcomed 11 new members to its board of directors, now composed of 49 leaders. The organization also confirmed new members of the Board's Executive Committee for the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
United Way of Salt Lake's Board of Directors guarantees legal, fiduciary, and fiscal accountability, according to a press release. The Board also ensures the organization functions by its own bylaws and policies and within state and federal law.
The following board members began their terms on July 1 and will serve three years: David Buhler, commissioner of Utah System of Higher Education; Laren Gertsch, director of Rates & Regulatory for Williams-Northwest Pipeline; Cathy Caputo Hoskins, executive director, Salt Lake Community Action Program; Rep. Greg Hughes, Utah Legislature; Blake Larson, president, ATK Aerospace Group; LeeAnne Linderman, executive vice president, Zions Bank; Linda Wardell, general manager, City Creek Center Taubman; Michael Weinholtz, trustee, The Weinholtz Family Foundation; Rick Widner, director of network administration, Management & Training Corporation; Cherie Wood, mayor, city of South Salt Lake; Thomas Wright, president, Summit Sotheby's International Realty
The board has also voted in its 2012-2013 Executive Committee members, who include: Chair of Board of Directors Mona Burton, partner, Holland and Hart LLP; Vice Chair of Board of Directors, Chair - Nominating, Allen Alexander, Chairman, president and CEO, Savage Services Corporation; Chair of Administration Finance /Chair - Executive Compensation Scott C. Ulbrich, financial advisor, Robert W. Baird & Co.; Chair of Audit Jeffery Larsen, vice president of regulations, Rocky Mountain Power; Co-Chair of Changing the Odds Campaign Kem Gardner, chairman, Gardner Company; Corporate Secretary Co-Chair, Changing the Odds Campaign Kathie Miller, trustee, Mark and Kathie Miller Foundation; Chair of Collective Impact John Milliken, president, Milcom Inc.; Chair of Governance and Ethics Dan Cameron, vice president of Salt Lake City Refinery, Tesoro Refining and Marking Company; Davis County Liaison Sean Slatter, president and CEO, Logistic Specialties Inc.; Immediate Past Chair Board of Directors Tom Love, president,
Love Communications; Chair of Public Policy Paula Green Johnson, Community Advocate; Chair of Resource Development Dave Golden, executive vice president, Wells Fargo.
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Batman's true mission: The search for...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2