SALT LAKE CITY — Although gasoline prices continue to fall in most parts of Utah, some areas have seen pump prices bounce up and down. According to AAA, every metro area in Utah saw a drop in its average price over the past month.
The state’s current average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $3.53, down 19 cents since last month, but four cents higher than a year ago. Of the Utah cities surveyed by AAA, Vernal had the highest average price at $3.68 per gallon, while Ogden had the lowest average price at $3.45 per gallon.
The national average price fell 16 cents to $3.38, which was 25 cents less than the national price at the same time last year.
Nationally, Wailuku, Hawaii, had the highest average price at $4.41 per gallon. Among all 50 states, Hawaii has the highest state average fuel price at $4.22, while Alaska was second highest at $4.09. Hawaii and Alaska were the only states with average prices above four dollars per gallon.
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- What's in a name? At Grand Canyon, history,...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of the...
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Randy Shumway: The winners and losers of...
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in the...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 14
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9