SALT LAKE CITY — Although gasoline prices continue to fall in most parts of Utah, some areas have seen pump prices bounce up and down. According to AAA, every metro area in Utah saw a drop in its average price over the past month.
The state’s current average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $3.53, down 19 cents since last month, but four cents higher than a year ago. Of the Utah cities surveyed by AAA, Vernal had the highest average price at $3.68 per gallon, while Ogden had the lowest average price at $3.45 per gallon.
The national average price fell 16 cents to $3.38, which was 25 cents less than the national price at the same time last year.
Nationally, Wailuku, Hawaii, had the highest average price at $4.41 per gallon. Among all 50 states, Hawaii has the highest state average fuel price at $4.22, while Alaska was second highest at $4.09. Hawaii and Alaska were the only states with average prices above four dollars per gallon.
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- US companies challenging contraception... 12
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6