SALT LAKE CITY — Although gasoline prices continue to fall in most parts of Utah, some areas have seen pump prices bounce up and down. According to AAA, every metro area in Utah saw a drop in its average price over the past month.
The state’s current average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $3.53, down 19 cents since last month, but four cents higher than a year ago. Of the Utah cities surveyed by AAA, Vernal had the highest average price at $3.68 per gallon, while Ogden had the lowest average price at $3.45 per gallon.
The national average price fell 16 cents to $3.38, which was 25 cents less than the national price at the same time last year.
Nationally, Wailuku, Hawaii, had the highest average price at $4.41 per gallon. Among all 50 states, Hawaii has the highest state average fuel price at $4.22, while Alaska was second highest at $4.09. Hawaii and Alaska were the only states with average prices above four dollars per gallon.
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own paths...
- Day of Dignity a compassionate gift from...
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to national park...
- How innovators think, and what they do about it
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump: You're fired!
- Are you as connected as Kevin Bacon and does...
- Libraries changing roles, focus as attendance...
- How technology can help and hurt the mental...
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own... 17
- VW executive apologizes but says... 7
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump:... 5
- Salt Lake police receive $1.8 million... 5
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to... 4
- Tourism brings more than $1 billion in... 4
- Libraries changing roles, focus as... 4
- S.L. mayoral candidates tangle over... 3