SALT LAKE CITY — Although gasoline prices continue to fall in most parts of Utah, some areas have seen pump prices bounce up and down. According to AAA, every metro area in Utah saw a drop in its average price over the past month.
The state’s current average price for a gallon of regular gasoline is $3.53, down 19 cents since last month, but four cents higher than a year ago. Of the Utah cities surveyed by AAA, Vernal had the highest average price at $3.68 per gallon, while Ogden had the lowest average price at $3.45 per gallon.
The national average price fell 16 cents to $3.38, which was 25 cents less than the national price at the same time last year.
Nationally, Wailuku, Hawaii, had the highest average price at $4.41 per gallon. Among all 50 states, Hawaii has the highest state average fuel price at $4.22, while Alaska was second highest at $4.09. Hawaii and Alaska were the only states with average prices above four dollars per gallon.
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Things are looking up in the economy, but not...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4