Vice President Joe Biden and wife Jill visit Utah: He raises money, she raises military morale
Joe Biden, who made a campaign stop earlier in the day in Las Vegas at the National Council of La Raza annual conference, spoke to about 300 people about the race between Obama and the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, Mitt Romney.
He called Romney an honorable and decent man, but said the two campaigns "have a fundamentally different vision for this country. It's as basic a choice as voters have had in a lifetime," according to a pool report.
Biden cited differences with Romney on education, energy subsides and foreign policy. He also expressed concern about what the U.S. Supreme Court would look like after four years of a Romney administration.
"These guys have a social policy out of the '50s," Biden said, asking the crowd whether they believed Roe v. Wade would survive a court "with six Scalias on the bench."
The vice president also said, "These guys don't get what it's like for normal people." He said he was not an "anti-business, class warfare guy, but guys, too many people in America have made what I call the longest walk," to explain to their children they've lost a job.
Biden concluded by saying he is "more optimistic today about the future of this country than I have been at any time in my life" and called the country "better positioned than any nation in the world to be the leading economy."
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19