Vineyard helping: Want to learn more about the power of helping in the vineyard.lds.org? Well, I have three handy videos that describe, in simplified, bright, graphic-laden detail, exactly how the Vineyard works and how it helps. Learn how it is “Service By A Worldwide Community” or how “Your Service Makes a Difference.” Or if you want to see it in action, watch this piece on the “Goodman Family: Serving as a Family.”
Russian lds.org: Hooray, there is now an lds.org “Country Website for Russia.” As Larry Richman explains, “Country sites are based on a language version of lds.org, but they have additional local content and messages from the Area Presidency specific to that country.” Additionally, Richman handily outlines (with pictures) how to access these sites. Click in to learn more.
Emma Smith: Yesterday marked the 208th birthday of Emma Smith. To celebrate, this blogger interviewed LDS Church curator and historic sites historian Mark Staker in an effort to better understand this remarkable and famous woman in Mormondom. Here’s a sampling from the fascinating interview: “Perhaps one of Emma’s greatest strengths was her ability to give up the material comforts for what she believed was right. When Emma married Joseph Smith she married someone who had few of the things she enjoyed. He lacked her education. He grew up without life’s comforts. His family did not enjoy the high status and political influence her family held. The girls Emma’s age filled their diaries with discussions of wedding plans with fine cakes covered in sugar plums, ornate ceremonies in their parents' parlor, and lots of wedding guests from the community. Emma gave all that up to marry the man of her choice. Emma also left all of her extra clothing behind and an assemblage of furniture, cows and other possessions she had collected before she married Joseph. She did not know if she would ever get those things back.” Wow!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 24
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 16
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church... 7