UVU softball: school lands 11 on the PCSC Commissioner's Honor Roll
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Pacific Coast Softball Conference Commissioner Ellen Moore announced the 2012 PCSC Commissioner's Honor Roll on Tuesday and 11 student-athletes from Utah Valley University made the cut.
Freshman pitcher Megan Peay led the way for the Wolverines as she recorded a near-perfect 3.94 GPA during the 2011-12 school year. Senior first baseman Amanda Perez, junior outfielder Marie Williams and fellow junior outfielder Charlee Cisneros followed suit with 3.67, 3.63 and 3.60 GPA's respectively.
In all, the PCSC named a record 138 student-athletes from its 12 member schools to the Commissioner's Honor Roll. To make the honor roll, a student-athlete had to record a 3.0 cumulative GPA for the 2011-12 academic year.
Ten schools had at least 10 student-athletes named to the honor roll, led by a PCSC champion Portland State with 15. Northern Colorado and San Diego placed 14 each, while Sacramento State and Weber State each had 13. Idaho State also added 12, while Santa Clara and UVU each had 11. CSU Bakersfield and Loyola Marymount had 10 players each named to the honor roll.
The following is a complete list of the UVU's student-athletes named to the 2012 PCSC Commissioner's Honor Roll:
Player Pos. Yr. GPA Major
Charlee Cisneros OF JR 3.60 Psychology
Breanna English 3B SO 3.51 Community Health Education
Kelli Fox OF FR 3.43 Exercise Science
Stephanie Likos 3B FR 3.16 Exercise Science
Jamie North C FR 3.03 Elementary Education
Megan Peay P FR 3.94 Undeclared
Amanda Perez 1B SR 3.67 Psychology
Deianna Russell C SR 3.15 English
Kelli Smart SS FR 3.22 Undeclared
Josi Summers P SO 3.11 General Business
Marie Williams OF JR 3.63 Exercise Science
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- With Chuckie Keeton's status still uncertain,...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a little...
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6 seasons, but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU safeties Craig Bills, Dallin...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 129
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 43
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 43
- BYU football report card: Mostly B's... 36