"Dynasty is a very versatile player that will immediately come in and challenge for a starting spot in the middle infield," Fairbourne said. "She's also a power hitter that we expect to develop into a middle of the order type hitter as well."
Lauvai will enter her freshman campaign at UVU this fall and is out of McClintock High School in Tempe, Ariz. She also played her club ball for the Arizona Hotshots and brings a number of impressive accolades with her.
During her high school career, Lauvai was a three-time All-State selection, a three-time All Region player and twice named to the Tempe All-City Team. She was also the Division Player of the Year during her senior season and also named the McClintock H.S. MVP and Athlete of the Year during her junior campaign.
Lauvai is 5-8 and can play middle infield as well as outfield. She also played basketball in high school and anticipates to major in graphic design at UVU.
"She's a great kid that comes from a great family and we're looking forward to have her coming in for the upcoming season," Fairbourne added.
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 150
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 61
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 19