"WHAT WOULD A HOLY WOMAN DO?" by Wendy Watson Nelson, $14.99, 41 minutes (nf)
The words "House of the Lord, Holiness to the Lord" are found on every Mormon temple around the world. It was during the rededication of the Nuku’alofa Tonga Temple that those words had a profound impact on Sister Wendy Watson Nelson, wife of Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
After much reflection and study upon the word "holiness," Sister Nelson initiated a three-day experiment. In her talk on CD, "What Would a Holy Woman Do?" she outlines her experiment and shares the stories of women around the world who participated.
Women were asked to choose one of their daily activities and try to be holy while doing it or rather do it as a holy woman would do it for three days. They could choose to focus on one different thing each day or the same thing each day.
Some questions that helped guide the participants include:
How would a holy woman manage the daily activities of her life?
How would a holy woman handle conflicts?
What would a holy woman listen to, read or watch?
"What Would a Holy Woman Do?" contains a very insightful and inspirational message for women striving to look heavenward for strength and direction. This 41-minute CD is for any woman who has ever wondered how to improve her relationships, find balance or increase spirituality.
With love and tenderness, Sister Nelson teaches listeners the purpose of holiness and how to attain it. Listeners will be inspired to challenge themselves upon hearing the remarkable stories and teachings from her talk.
Sister Nelson is a family and marriage therapist and author of several books, including "Change Your Questions, Change Your Life."
Tequitia Andrews is a freelance writer based in Virginia.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5