DELLE, Toole County — One man was killed and three others injured, including a baby, in a rollover accident early Monday.
Just after 4 a.m., a vehicle hauling a trailer and traveling east on I-80 near Delle, drifted off to the left side of the road, said Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson.
The driver tried to correct the vehicle and get back on the highway, but his trailer began to fishtail and he lost control, Johnson said. The vehicle and trailer rolled several times, ejected the male adult driver and passenger, the driver's brother.
A 22-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. The other man, 30, was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital in critical condition. Their names and which man was driving were not immediately available, Johnson said.
A woman, the 30-year-old man's girlfriend, and their 2-year-old son, who were wearing seatbelts and child safety restraints in the backseat, were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
"The woman was crawling out of her vehicle and said she had to get her baby. Luckily they were seat-belted in. The boyfriend was in a lot of pain," said Chuck Hill, who was one of the passersby to come upon the accident after it happened.
All eastbound lanes of I-80 were closed for several hours at mile post 70 after the accident.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14