DELLE, Toole County — One man was killed and three others injured, including a baby, in a rollover accident early Monday.
Just after 4 a.m., a vehicle hauling a trailer and traveling east on I-80 near Delle, drifted off to the left side of the road, said Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson.
The driver tried to correct the vehicle and get back on the highway, but his trailer began to fishtail and he lost control, Johnson said. The vehicle and trailer rolled several times, ejected the male adult driver and passenger, the driver's brother.
A 22-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. The other man, 30, was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital in critical condition. Their names and which man was driving were not immediately available, Johnson said.
A woman, the 30-year-old man's girlfriend, and their 2-year-old son, who were wearing seatbelts and child safety restraints in the backseat, were taken to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
"The woman was crawling out of her vehicle and said she had to get her baby. Luckily they were seat-belted in. The boyfriend was in a lot of pain," said Chuck Hill, who was one of the passersby to come upon the accident after it happened.
All eastbound lanes of I-80 were closed for several hours at mile post 70 after the accident.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 47
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8