Motor home explosion at Snowbird sends man to hospital with burns
SNOWBIRD — A vehicle explosion sent one man to the hospital Saturday.
A motor home at Snowbird Ski Resort caught fire about noon, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Lee Ascarte. Fire crews who were already in the area heard the explosion and found three people inside the RV and a man lying on the ground.
One man was flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital where he was treated for second- and third-degree burns on his legs. Three others were treated on the scene but refused further medical care.
The motor home owner said before he went to the hospital that the vehicle had been leaking something and he was checking on it at the time of the explosion, Ascarte said.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8