Motor home explosion at Snowbird sends man to hospital with burns
SNOWBIRD — A vehicle explosion sent one man to the hospital Saturday.
A motor home at Snowbird Ski Resort caught fire about noon, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Lee Ascarte. Fire crews who were already in the area heard the explosion and found three people inside the RV and a man lying on the ground.
One man was flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital where he was treated for second- and third-degree burns on his legs. Three others were treated on the scene but refused further medical care.
The motor home owner said before he went to the hospital that the vehicle had been leaking something and he was checking on it at the time of the explosion, Ascarte said.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17