Motor home explosion at Snowbird sends man to hospital with burns
SNOWBIRD — A vehicle explosion sent one man to the hospital Saturday.
A motor home at Snowbird Ski Resort caught fire about noon, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Lee Ascarte. Fire crews who were already in the area heard the explosion and found three people inside the RV and a man lying on the ground.
One man was flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital where he was treated for second- and third-degree burns on his legs. Three others were treated on the scene but refused further medical care.
The motor home owner said before he went to the hospital that the vehicle had been leaking something and he was checking on it at the time of the explosion, Ascarte said.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17