Motor home explosion at Snowbird sends man to hospital with burns
SNOWBIRD — A vehicle explosion sent one man to the hospital Saturday.
A motor home at Snowbird Ski Resort caught fire about noon, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Lee Ascarte. Fire crews who were already in the area heard the explosion and found three people inside the RV and a man lying on the ground.
One man was flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital where he was treated for second- and third-degree burns on his legs. Three others were treated on the scene but refused further medical care.
The motor home owner said before he went to the hospital that the vehicle had been leaking something and he was checking on it at the time of the explosion, Ascarte said.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 21
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19