"Faith" and "courage" are the two outstanding words that appear on my ring along with "Choose the Right." I try to exercise those words every day when it comes to missionary work.
I have been an introvert all of my life. However, missionary work has helped me share with others. Our ward mission leader began having Saturday breakfast with several men on a regular basis. They discuss their various religious beliefs. He invited me, a ward missionary, to join them. I did so reluctantly.
Recently, I was able to place two copies of the Book of Mormon with them. So far, the morning discussions have turned mostly to our beliefs in a positive way. One of these men, a minister in another church, has used the discussions, positively, in his sermons.
Encouraged by this, I was able to place two more copies of the Book of Mormon with two men of another faith — one in German and one in English. Truly, faith and courage are the bywords to help us go forward with the Lord's commandment in missionary work.
William B. Caudle II lives in Summertown, Tenn.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 57
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3