OREM — The third annual Cooper’s Run will take place Saturday, July 28, in Orem.
Established to honor the city’s police, fire and medical personnel, the 5K and Family Fun Run will feature the presentation of Cooper’s Award to one of Orem’s emergency responders for serving the community with love, respect and compassion.
Cooper’s Run was established in 2010 in memory of 4-year-old Cooper Kofford, whose accidental death at his family’s Orem home in 2009 brought the family newfound respect and admiration for the city’s emergency responders.
In the first two years, more than 2,500 runners, families and friends turned out to support the cause, raising over $50,000 for Cooper’s Foundation, which has helped many children attend Learning Dynamics preschool, in addition to other community aid.
In addition to the races, there will be cool refreshments, a dunk tank, arts & crafts, fire engines, AirMed helicopter and live music. This year there will be a pie-eating contest, pitting Orem’s finest against some of the 5K and Fun Run contestants.
There will also be a special raffle for a chance for someone to take the wheel at the Spanish Fork Demolition Derby in the official Cooper’s Run car.
The run will be held on Saturday, July 28, at 1035 S. 800 East, Orem. The 5K (3.1-mile) run/walk is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am, followed by a separate, shorter fun walk /run that will begin at 10 a.m. Everyone and everything — including wagons, decorated bikes, skateboards, strollers, etc. — are welcome in either run.
Pre-registration is encouraged at www.coopersrun.org.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 30
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12