OREM — The third annual Cooper’s Run will take place Saturday, July 28, in Orem.
Established to honor the city’s police, fire and medical personnel, the 5K and Family Fun Run will feature the presentation of Cooper’s Award to one of Orem’s emergency responders for serving the community with love, respect and compassion.
Cooper’s Run was established in 2010 in memory of 4-year-old Cooper Kofford, whose accidental death at his family’s Orem home in 2009 brought the family newfound respect and admiration for the city’s emergency responders.
In the first two years, more than 2,500 runners, families and friends turned out to support the cause, raising over $50,000 for Cooper’s Foundation, which has helped many children attend Learning Dynamics preschool, in addition to other community aid.
In addition to the races, there will be cool refreshments, a dunk tank, arts & crafts, fire engines, AirMed helicopter and live music. This year there will be a pie-eating contest, pitting Orem’s finest against some of the 5K and Fun Run contestants.
There will also be a special raffle for a chance for someone to take the wheel at the Spanish Fork Demolition Derby in the official Cooper’s Run car.
The run will be held on Saturday, July 28, at 1035 S. 800 East, Orem. The 5K (3.1-mile) run/walk is scheduled to begin at 8:30 am, followed by a separate, shorter fun walk /run that will begin at 10 a.m. Everyone and everything — including wagons, decorated bikes, skateboards, strollers, etc. — are welcome in either run.
Pre-registration is encouraged at www.coopersrun.org.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17