VERNAL — A 10-year-old Vernal girl has died from injuries she suffered when she was knocked from a horse in a riding arena, according to the Vernal Police Department.
The girl was riding during a barrel racing event Tuesday at Western Park when she struck a pole at the end of the arena and was knocked to the ground, Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell said in a statement.
The girl received immediate treatment from emergency medical technicians and a doctor, who were at the venue when the incident occurred. She was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center and then transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she died Wednesday, Campbell said.
The girl's name is not being released, pending notification of family members. Police say their investigation determined the death was the result of a "tragic accident."
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8