VERNAL — A 10-year-old Vernal girl has died from injuries she suffered when she was knocked from a horse in a riding arena, according to the Vernal Police Department.
The girl was riding during a barrel racing event Tuesday at Western Park when she struck a pole at the end of the arena and was knocked to the ground, Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell said in a statement.
The girl received immediate treatment from emergency medical technicians and a doctor, who were at the venue when the incident occurred. She was taken to Ashley Regional Medical Center and then transferred to Primary Children's Medical Center, where she died Wednesday, Campbell said.
The girl's name is not being released, pending notification of family members. Police say their investigation determined the death was the result of a "tragic accident."
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8