SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation is advising drivers to be aware of construction projects under way throughout the state.
Projects include westbound I-215 between 300 East and Redwood Road, where nighttime lane restrictions will be in place every evening through August as crews repave the freeway.
Lane restrictions will be in effect on eastbound I-80 from Lambs Canyon to Parleys Summit, with one or two lanes affected each night beginning Monday and continuing until July 23 as crews build a climbing lane for slower traffic. UDOT officials said closures will begin at 7 p.m., and all lanes will reopen by 6 a.m.
On I-80 between Wanship and Coalville, lane restrictions will take place until the end of August as workers repave the freeway. All eastbound lanes will be open to accommodate heavy traffic from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays, and all westbound lanes will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays.
Restrictions will also occur on U.S. 189 in Provo Canyon, with all traffic shifting to the eastbound side of the road as concrete repairs take place on the westbound lanes. This closure will remain in place through the end of July.
In Millard County, I-15 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from North Holden to Scipio. The lane restrictions will be in effect from 5 a.m. Mondays until noon Fridays for the next several months for repaving and reconstruction work.
Visit udot.utah.gov for more information.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Want a better return on your college...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Utah high school students receive engineering...
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1
- Secret to Prism program: It's just one... 1