SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation is advising drivers to be aware of construction projects under way throughout the state.
Projects include westbound I-215 between 300 East and Redwood Road, where nighttime lane restrictions will be in place every evening through August as crews repave the freeway.
Lane restrictions will be in effect on eastbound I-80 from Lambs Canyon to Parleys Summit, with one or two lanes affected each night beginning Monday and continuing until July 23 as crews build a climbing lane for slower traffic. UDOT officials said closures will begin at 7 p.m., and all lanes will reopen by 6 a.m.
On I-80 between Wanship and Coalville, lane restrictions will take place until the end of August as workers repave the freeway. All eastbound lanes will be open to accommodate heavy traffic from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays, and all westbound lanes will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays.
Restrictions will also occur on U.S. 189 in Provo Canyon, with all traffic shifting to the eastbound side of the road as concrete repairs take place on the westbound lanes. This closure will remain in place through the end of July.
In Millard County, I-15 will be reduced to one lane in each direction from North Holden to Scipio. The lane restrictions will be in effect from 5 a.m. Mondays until noon Fridays for the next several months for repaving and reconstruction work.
Visit udot.utah.gov for more information.
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Financial interventions don't work
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Where’s the app for an earthquake warning?
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars in revenue
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2