Where: Alpine, near Lambert Park
Size: 1,993 acres
Containment: 5 percent
Structures: 1 barn burned and 2 homes with minor damage
Evacuations: 325 homes in the Alpine cove and Box Elder Cove subdivisions and all homes north of Country Manor Lane remain evacuated. American Fork Canyon and the Alpine loop will be closed for one more day but officials are allowing people who left personal belongings in American Fork Canyon or the Alpine Loop to retrieve them with a police escort. Those wishing to retrieve belongings can find a police escort at the entrance of American Fork Canyon.
Started: 2 p.m. July 3
Cause: Human Caused, Under investigation
Where: 18 miles northwest of Neola, Duchesne County
Size: 5 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: None threatened
Evacuations: The Uinta Canyon Trailhead and Uinta Canyon Trail have been closed to ensure access for firefighters.
Started: 9:00 a.m. July 4
Cause: Under investigation
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County
Size: 6,800 acres
Containment: 85 percent
Structures: An estimated 15 cabins or other residences and 78 additional structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remained open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: Midnight, June 24
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 104,681 acres
Containment: 51 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 2 maintenance sheds in Oak City destroyed; none currently threatened.
Started: 2:15 p.m. on June 27
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned, but now released from hospital.
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
Millville Canyon Fire
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- Larry H. Miller family pulls Tooele County...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12