"10 REASONS WHY JOSEPH SMITH IS A PROPHET," by Anthony Sweat, Deseret Book, 51 minutes, $14.99 (nf)
How do you know that Joseph Smith is a prophet?
That’s the question that Anthony Sweat, a religious educator, author and speaker, addresses in his 51-minute talk, “10 Reasons Why Joseph Smith is a Prophet,” on CD.
In response to that question, Sweat offers 10 reasons why Joseph Smith, the founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and translator of the Book of Mormon, is a prophet of God.
Mixing humor, the scriptures and a powerful testimony, Sweat provides evidences such as the prophecies given about Joseph Smith, Joseph’s own testimony and the testimonies of his family and friends, the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and more to demonstrate how we can know that Joseph Smith is a prophet.
“Do you think Joseph was sitting there one day and said, ‘You know what? I think I’m going to write a book. Emma, fetch me some paper. I feel a song coming on,’ ” Sweat said when talking about the Book of Mormon. “To me, one of the greatest evidences ever of Joseph’s prophetic mission is the Book of Mormon.”
Sweat’s message is meant to provide the building blocks necessary in order to gain a testimony of Joseph Smith’s role as prophet of the Restoration.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- This is what going to church does to you
- Live nativity attracts more than 3,500 in...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- This is what going to church does to you 8
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 7
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5