"10 REASONS WHY JOSEPH SMITH IS A PROPHET," by Anthony Sweat, Deseret Book, 51 minutes, $14.99 (nf)
How do you know that Joseph Smith is a prophet?
That’s the question that Anthony Sweat, a religious educator, author and speaker, addresses in his 51-minute talk, “10 Reasons Why Joseph Smith is a Prophet,” on CD.
In response to that question, Sweat offers 10 reasons why Joseph Smith, the founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and translator of the Book of Mormon, is a prophet of God.
Mixing humor, the scriptures and a powerful testimony, Sweat provides evidences such as the prophecies given about Joseph Smith, Joseph’s own testimony and the testimonies of his family and friends, the coming forth of the Book of Mormon and more to demonstrate how we can know that Joseph Smith is a prophet.
“Do you think Joseph was sitting there one day and said, ‘You know what? I think I’m going to write a book. Emma, fetch me some paper. I feel a song coming on,’ ” Sweat said when talking about the Book of Mormon. “To me, one of the greatest evidences ever of Joseph’s prophetic mission is the Book of Mormon.”
Sweat’s message is meant to provide the building blocks necessary in order to gain a testimony of Joseph Smith’s role as prophet of the Restoration.
EMAIL: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- New tools to facilitate work of salvation...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 36
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 13
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online... 4