, Utah County Jail
PAYSON — A Payson man died at Mountain View Hospital early Wednesday after he was stabbed outside his home.
William K.C. Wright, 36, sustained the fatal injuries in an altercation about 4 a.m. after police say he refused to allow an underage person to attend a party at his home at 644 N. 700 East.
After the teenager was turned away from the party, the boy returned to the house with an older cousin. The cousin, identified as Keenan Thompson, 25, of Spanish Fork, confronted Wright, said Payson Police Lt. Bill Wright. During the fight, William Wright was stabbed twice.
Officers initially responded to the Payson home on a report of an auto-pedestrian accident. But once police arrived, they found the victim lying in the street bleeding.
"As they arrived, it became quite obvious that it was not the result of an automobile-pedestrian accident," the lieutenant said. "This is a very tragic situation."
Thompson was arrested later in the day Wednesday. He is booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of murder and obstruction of justice. The juvenile involved in the incident also faces possible charges of obstruction.
Officers had responded to noise complaints in conjunction with previous parties at the house, but they had determined that party guests were adults, according to the lieutenant.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Preliminary hearing set for Utah mom accused...
- Judge sets November hearing for ex-A.G.s Mark...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 29
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12