, Utah County Jail
PAYSON — A Payson man died at Mountain View Hospital early Wednesday after he was stabbed outside his home.
William K.C. Wright, 36, sustained the fatal injuries in an altercation about 4 a.m. after police say he refused to allow an underage person to attend a party at his home at 644 N. 700 East.
After the teenager was turned away from the party, the boy returned to the house with an older cousin. The cousin, identified as Keenan Thompson, 25, of Spanish Fork, confronted Wright, said Payson Police Lt. Bill Wright. During the fight, William Wright was stabbed twice.
Officers initially responded to the Payson home on a report of an auto-pedestrian accident. But once police arrived, they found the victim lying in the street bleeding.
"As they arrived, it became quite obvious that it was not the result of an automobile-pedestrian accident," the lieutenant said. "This is a very tragic situation."
Thompson was arrested later in the day Wednesday. He is booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of murder and obstruction of justice. The juvenile involved in the incident also faces possible charges of obstruction.
Officers had responded to noise complaints in conjunction with previous parties at the house, but they had determined that party guests were adults, according to the lieutenant.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- BLM investigating 18 burro deaths after roundup
- Two more charged in fatal 'robbery gone bad'
- State administrative services department boss...
- Utahns compete, succeed on 'American Ninja...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19