, Utah County Jail
PAYSON — A Payson man died at Mountain View Hospital early Wednesday after he was stabbed outside his home.
William K.C. Wright, 36, sustained the fatal injuries in an altercation about 4 a.m. after police say he refused to allow an underage person to attend a party at his home at 644 N. 700 East.
After the teenager was turned away from the party, the boy returned to the house with an older cousin. The cousin, identified as Keenan Thompson, 25, of Spanish Fork, confronted Wright, said Payson Police Lt. Bill Wright. During the fight, William Wright was stabbed twice.
Officers initially responded to the Payson home on a report of an auto-pedestrian accident. But once police arrived, they found the victim lying in the street bleeding.
"As they arrived, it became quite obvious that it was not the result of an automobile-pedestrian accident," the lieutenant said. "This is a very tragic situation."
Thompson was arrested later in the day Wednesday. He is booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of murder and obstruction of justice. The juvenile involved in the incident also faces possible charges of obstruction.
Officers had responded to noise complaints in conjunction with previous parties at the house, but they had determined that party guests were adults, according to the lieutenant.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 70
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25