, Utah County Jail
PAYSON — A Payson man died at Mountain View Hospital early Wednesday after he was stabbed outside his home.
William K.C. Wright, 36, sustained the fatal injuries in an altercation about 4 a.m. after police say he refused to allow an underage person to attend a party at his home at 644 N. 700 East.
After the teenager was turned away from the party, the boy returned to the house with an older cousin. The cousin, identified as Keenan Thompson, 25, of Spanish Fork, confronted Wright, said Payson Police Lt. Bill Wright. During the fight, William Wright was stabbed twice.
Officers initially responded to the Payson home on a report of an auto-pedestrian accident. But once police arrived, they found the victim lying in the street bleeding.
"As they arrived, it became quite obvious that it was not the result of an automobile-pedestrian accident," the lieutenant said. "This is a very tragic situation."
Thompson was arrested later in the day Wednesday. He is booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of murder and obstruction of justice. The juvenile involved in the incident also faces possible charges of obstruction.
Officers had responded to noise complaints in conjunction with previous parties at the house, but they had determined that party guests were adults, according to the lieutenant.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 80
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 32
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21