Where: Alpine, near Lambert Park
Size: 1,200-1,500 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: 1 barn burned and 2 homes with minor damage
Evacuations: 80 homes in Alpine Cove and Box Elder subdivisions were ordered to evacuate.
Started: 2 p.m. July 3
Cause: Under investigation
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County
Size: 6,100 acres
Containment: 70 percent; full containment expected about July 15
Structures: An estimated 15 cabins or other residences and 78 additional structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remained open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: Midnight, June 24
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 104,681 acres
Containment: 51 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 2 maintenance sheds in Oak City destroyed; none currently threatened.
Started: 2:15 p.m. on June 27
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned, but now released from hospital.
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
Millville Canyon Fire
Where: Cache County, Millville Canyon
Size: 109 acres
Containment: 90 percent, full containment by Wednesday night
Structures: None threatened
Started: July 1
Cause: Target shooting
Pole Creek Fire
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 32
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 20
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 19
- Twice-deported man arrested in Salt... 18
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 13