Where: Alpine, near Lambert Park
Size: 1,200-1,500 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: 1 barn burned and 2 homes with minor damage
Evacuations: 80 homes in Alpine Cove and Box Elder subdivisions were ordered to evacuate.
Started: 2 p.m. July 3
Cause: Under investigation
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County
Size: 6,100 acres
Containment: 70 percent; full containment expected about July 15
Structures: An estimated 15 cabins or other residences and 78 additional structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remained open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: Midnight, June 24
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 104,681 acres
Containment: 51 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 2 maintenance sheds in Oak City destroyed; none currently threatened.
Started: 2:15 p.m. on June 27
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned, but now released from hospital.
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
Millville Canyon Fire
Where: Cache County, Millville Canyon
Size: 109 acres
Containment: 90 percent, full containment by Wednesday night
Structures: None threatened
Started: July 1
Cause: Target shooting
Pole Creek Fire
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Parents remember child, 6, who died days...
- Can House speaker be a 'real fighter' in...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- 25-year-old man dies after losing control of...
- Teen with traumatic brain injury making...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 73
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 61
- British judge hears arguments in case... 51
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 36
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29