Sandy man charged with automobile homicide in June death
SANDY — A Sandy man was charged Tuesday with automobile homicide after he allegedly killed a man after running a red light and colliding with another car.
Blake Timothy Molder, 23, was driving his south on 9800 South June 23 when he ran a red light and hit a smaller vehicle stopped at a red light on Bangerter Highway, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court.
After the collision, the smaller vehicle burst into flames and the driver, Michael J. Gallegos, was pronounced dead at the scene.
There were no skid marks prior to the accident and Molder was driving at a minimum speed of 95 mph at the time of the crash, the charges state.
After being taken to Jordan Valley Hospital, Molder admitted to police that he had consumed three beers and a shot of tequila at a bar prior to the accident, according to the charges. He also allegedly told police he had smoked marijuana earlier in the day. After being released from the hospital, Molder was administered a breathalyzer, which indicated a blood alcohol of .116, the charges state. The legal limit in Utah is .08.
Molder was charged with automobile homicide, a second-degree felony; a red light violation, a class C misdemeanor; and speeding, a class C misdemeanor.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 91
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 55
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18