MILLCREEK — Participants in the Millcreek Township Beautiful Garden contest have until July 23 to register at www.millcreektownship.org. The judging will take place during the week of July 30.
The judges include one representative per community council and a landscape architect who is a non-Millcreek resident. The four contest categories are: Water & Rock, Perennial Garden, Annual Garden and Most Unique Garden.
There will be one winner per category, and judges hope this happens between the four separate communities. Winners will receive $100 and a plaque from their community council and a $100 gift certificate for the 42nd St. Greenhouse (owned by Millcreek Community Chair Diane Angus).
The winners will be awarded their prizes by Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14