MILLCREEK — Participants in the Millcreek Township Beautiful Garden contest have until July 23 to register at www.millcreektownship.org. The judging will take place during the week of July 30.
The judges include one representative per community council and a landscape architect who is a non-Millcreek resident. The four contest categories are: Water & Rock, Perennial Garden, Annual Garden and Most Unique Garden.
There will be one winner per category, and judges hope this happens between the four separate communities. Winners will receive $100 and a plaque from their community council and a $100 gift certificate for the 42nd St. Greenhouse (owned by Millcreek Community Chair Diane Angus).
The winners will be awarded their prizes by Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Former Springville High student arrested for...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15