MILLCREEK — Participants in the Millcreek Township Beautiful Garden contest have until July 23 to register at www.millcreektownship.org. The judging will take place during the week of July 30.
The judges include one representative per community council and a landscape architect who is a non-Millcreek resident. The four contest categories are: Water & Rock, Perennial Garden, Annual Garden and Most Unique Garden.
There will be one winner per category, and judges hope this happens between the four separate communities. Winners will receive $100 and a plaque from their community council and a $100 gift certificate for the 42nd St. Greenhouse (owned by Millcreek Community Chair Diane Angus).
The winners will be awarded their prizes by Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12