MILLCREEK — Participants in the Millcreek Township Beautiful Garden contest have until July 23 to register at www.millcreektownship.org. The judging will take place during the week of July 30.
The judges include one representative per community council and a landscape architect who is a non-Millcreek resident. The four contest categories are: Water & Rock, Perennial Garden, Annual Garden and Most Unique Garden.
There will be one winner per category, and judges hope this happens between the four separate communities. Winners will receive $100 and a plaque from their community council and a $100 gift certificate for the 42nd St. Greenhouse (owned by Millcreek Community Chair Diane Angus).
The winners will be awarded their prizes by Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15