Alex Boyé's 'Calling America' is a declaration of patriotism
Shadow Mountain Records
"CALLING AMERICA," by Alex Boyé, Shadow Mountain Records, $7.98
On Feb. 22, Alex Boyé became a citizen of the United States of America. On the heels of this event, comes the release of Boyé’s new album "Calling America."
Most appropriately, Boyé’s YouTube channel proclaims that the album's title song is “a song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant.” And indeed it is.
Embracing the vocal range and passion he is well-known for, Boyé delivers this powerful, original song, written by Boyé himself. The lyrics are thought-provoking, and they petition, in faith, for a better and stronger America.
"Calling America" stands out among the five songs on the album, but the other four present a nice offering: "Amazing Grace," "Shenandoah," "America the Beautiful" and "Make Them Hear You." Listeners will enjoy the captivating and charismatic style that can only be attributed to an artist such as Alex Boyé. "Calling America" will make a nice addition to any music library as preparations for another national birthday celebration begin.
Heather B. Moore is a Best of State and Whitney awards-winning author for her historical novels. Her website is hbmoore.com.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Observers uncertain about the impact of...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 71
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 59
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 41
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 26
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11