Alex Boyé's 'Calling America' is a declaration of patriotism
Shadow Mountain Records
"CALLING AMERICA," by Alex Boyé, Shadow Mountain Records, $7.98
On Feb. 22, Alex Boyé became a citizen of the United States of America. On the heels of this event, comes the release of Boyé’s new album "Calling America."
Most appropriately, Boyé’s YouTube channel proclaims that the album's title song is “a song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant.” And indeed it is.
Embracing the vocal range and passion he is well-known for, Boyé delivers this powerful, original song, written by Boyé himself. The lyrics are thought-provoking, and they petition, in faith, for a better and stronger America.
"Calling America" stands out among the five songs on the album, but the other four present a nice offering: "Amazing Grace," "Shenandoah," "America the Beautiful" and "Make Them Hear You." Listeners will enjoy the captivating and charismatic style that can only be attributed to an artist such as Alex Boyé. "Calling America" will make a nice addition to any music library as preparations for another national birthday celebration begin.
Heather B. Moore is a Best of State and Whitney awards-winning author for her historical novels. Her website is hbmoore.com.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 64
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 20
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 13
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the... 8
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter... 7