Alex Boyé's 'Calling America' is a declaration of patriotism
Shadow Mountain Records
"CALLING AMERICA," by Alex Boyé, Shadow Mountain Records, $7.98
On Feb. 22, Alex Boyé became a citizen of the United States of America. On the heels of this event, comes the release of Boyé’s new album "Calling America."
Most appropriately, Boyé’s YouTube channel proclaims that the album's title song is “a song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant.” And indeed it is.
Embracing the vocal range and passion he is well-known for, Boyé delivers this powerful, original song, written by Boyé himself. The lyrics are thought-provoking, and they petition, in faith, for a better and stronger America.
"Calling America" stands out among the five songs on the album, but the other four present a nice offering: "Amazing Grace," "Shenandoah," "America the Beautiful" and "Make Them Hear You." Listeners will enjoy the captivating and charismatic style that can only be attributed to an artist such as Alex Boyé. "Calling America" will make a nice addition to any music library as preparations for another national birthday celebration begin.
Heather B. Moore is a Best of State and Whitney awards-winning author for her historical novels. Her website is hbmoore.com.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS missionaries meet London teen battling...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Mormon mission president held, robbed by...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 11
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- 5 must-see answers to faith's biggest... 7
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6