Alex Boyé's 'Calling America' is a declaration of patriotism
Shadow Mountain Records
"CALLING AMERICA," by Alex Boyé, Shadow Mountain Records, $7.98
On Feb. 22, Alex Boyé became a citizen of the United States of America. On the heels of this event, comes the release of Boyé’s new album "Calling America."
Most appropriately, Boyé’s YouTube channel proclaims that the album's title song is “a song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant.” And indeed it is.
Embracing the vocal range and passion he is well-known for, Boyé delivers this powerful, original song, written by Boyé himself. The lyrics are thought-provoking, and they petition, in faith, for a better and stronger America.
"Calling America" stands out among the five songs on the album, but the other four present a nice offering: "Amazing Grace," "Shenandoah," "America the Beautiful" and "Make Them Hear You." Listeners will enjoy the captivating and charismatic style that can only be attributed to an artist such as Alex Boyé. "Calling America" will make a nice addition to any music library as preparations for another national birthday celebration begin.
Heather B. Moore is a Best of State and Whitney awards-winning author for her historical novels. Her website is hbmoore.com.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5