Alex Boyé's 'Calling America' is a declaration of patriotism
Shadow Mountain Records
"CALLING AMERICA," by Alex Boyé, Shadow Mountain Records, $7.98
On Feb. 22, Alex Boyé became a citizen of the United States of America. On the heels of this event, comes the release of Boyé’s new album "Calling America."
Most appropriately, Boyé’s YouTube channel proclaims that the album's title song is “a song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant.” And indeed it is.
Embracing the vocal range and passion he is well-known for, Boyé delivers this powerful, original song, written by Boyé himself. The lyrics are thought-provoking, and they petition, in faith, for a better and stronger America.
"Calling America" stands out among the five songs on the album, but the other four present a nice offering: "Amazing Grace," "Shenandoah," "America the Beautiful" and "Make Them Hear You." Listeners will enjoy the captivating and charismatic style that can only be attributed to an artist such as Alex Boyé. "Calling America" will make a nice addition to any music library as preparations for another national birthday celebration begin.
Heather B. Moore is a Best of State and Whitney awards-winning author for her historical novels. Her website is hbmoore.com.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 42
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4