Alex Boyé's 'Calling America' is a declaration of patriotism
Shadow Mountain Records
"CALLING AMERICA," by Alex Boyé, Shadow Mountain Records, $7.98
On Feb. 22, Alex Boyé became a citizen of the United States of America. On the heels of this event, comes the release of Boyé’s new album "Calling America."
Most appropriately, Boyé’s YouTube channel proclaims that the album's title song is “a song of patriotism and tapestry from an immigrant.” And indeed it is.
Embracing the vocal range and passion he is well-known for, Boyé delivers this powerful, original song, written by Boyé himself. The lyrics are thought-provoking, and they petition, in faith, for a better and stronger America.
"Calling America" stands out among the five songs on the album, but the other four present a nice offering: "Amazing Grace," "Shenandoah," "America the Beautiful" and "Make Them Hear You." Listeners will enjoy the captivating and charismatic style that can only be attributed to an artist such as Alex Boyé. "Calling America" will make a nice addition to any music library as preparations for another national birthday celebration begin.
Heather B. Moore is a Best of State and Whitney awards-winning author for her historical novels. Her website is hbmoore.com.
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Al Fox, James the Mormon discuss Thanksgiving...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 62
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 4
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 3