Hundreds of thousands of jobs are lost to outsourcing, according to Investopedia. As such, it may be wise to enter industries that will not outsource jobs.
Sending an appliance to another country for repairs would mean weeks of wait time. Because of this, repair technicians' jobs are safe, according to the article. It also says culinary services are safe because of Americans’ love for eating out.
The healthcare industry is protected because "doctors need to see their patients to properly evaluate them, and many therapies and procedures require a literal hands-on presence," said the article. Those that are facing trial also need someone in-person. However, there are other legal services that are being outsourced, albeit minimally, such as wills.
Some educators teach classes online, but the disadvantages keep many teachers' jobs safe, the article said.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Q-and-A with Vale Hale: a 'pretty...
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air proposal...
- Remembering the most brilliant man in the room
- Study: Apple's new iPhones score big in...
- NASA's Maven spacecraft enters Mars orbit
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2