Hundreds of thousands of jobs are lost to outsourcing, according to Investopedia. As such, it may be wise to enter industries that will not outsource jobs.
Sending an appliance to another country for repairs would mean weeks of wait time. Because of this, repair technicians' jobs are safe, according to the article. It also says culinary services are safe because of Americans’ love for eating out.
The healthcare industry is protected because "doctors need to see their patients to properly evaluate them, and many therapies and procedures require a literal hands-on presence," said the article. Those that are facing trial also need someone in-person. However, there are other legal services that are being outsourced, albeit minimally, such as wills.
Some educators teach classes online, but the disadvantages keep many teachers' jobs safe, the article said.
- What's in a name? At Grand Canyon, history,...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in the...
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of the...
- No-tip restaurant offers food for thought on...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Rocky Mountain Power offers energy-saving...
- Concerns over release of personal data from...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Obama pitches his economic plan to... 6