Hundreds of thousands of jobs are lost to outsourcing, according to Investopedia. As such, it may be wise to enter industries that will not outsource jobs.
Sending an appliance to another country for repairs would mean weeks of wait time. Because of this, repair technicians' jobs are safe, according to the article. It also says culinary services are safe because of Americans’ love for eating out.
The healthcare industry is protected because "doctors need to see their patients to properly evaluate them, and many therapies and procedures require a literal hands-on presence," said the article. Those that are facing trial also need someone in-person. However, there are other legal services that are being outsourced, albeit minimally, such as wills.
Some educators teach classes online, but the disadvantages keep many teachers' jobs safe, the article said.
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2