Hundreds of thousands of jobs are lost to outsourcing, according to Investopedia. As such, it may be wise to enter industries that will not outsource jobs.
Sending an appliance to another country for repairs would mean weeks of wait time. Because of this, repair technicians' jobs are safe, according to the article. It also says culinary services are safe because of Americans’ love for eating out.
The healthcare industry is protected because "doctors need to see their patients to properly evaluate them, and many therapies and procedures require a literal hands-on presence," said the article. Those that are facing trial also need someone in-person. However, there are other legal services that are being outsourced, albeit minimally, such as wills.
Some educators teach classes online, but the disadvantages keep many teachers' jobs safe, the article said.
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook for...
- Mistake or miracle: New evidence on the...
- Can't catch a break: America lags behind on...
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- Low US energy prices make Euro leaders see green
- Classically trained chef opens diner in...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- US companies challenging contraception... 19
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 7
- Utah ranks No. 1 for economic outlook... 7