Hundreds of thousands of jobs are lost to outsourcing, according to Investopedia. As such, it may be wise to enter industries that will not outsource jobs.
Sending an appliance to another country for repairs would mean weeks of wait time. Because of this, repair technicians' jobs are safe, according to the article. It also says culinary services are safe because of Americans’ love for eating out.
The healthcare industry is protected because "doctors need to see their patients to properly evaluate them, and many therapies and procedures require a literal hands-on presence," said the article. Those that are facing trial also need someone in-person. However, there are other legal services that are being outsourced, albeit minimally, such as wills.
Some educators teach classes online, but the disadvantages keep many teachers' jobs safe, the article said.
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep expectations clear...
- UTA seeks to hire bus drivers, other workers
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the workplace....
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales, profit
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 7
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 3
- Another year, another small Social... 2
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 2
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 2
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says... 1
- Utah jobless rate stays steady at 3.5... 1