A working mom might often feel like she's being stretched in a million different directions. But there are ways moms can have a successful career and still be committed to their family, according to INC.
Be the best employee, especially if children haven't come into the picture yet. Show the boss potential by working longer hours and sacrificing leisure time.
"You will move up quicker, gain more experience and you'll feel much better about taking some of the time back when you do have children," according to the article.
While deciding on a career, make sure it is family-friendly. Some careers still haven't established a culture for working moms.
It's important for working moms to stick to their standards and let their standards be known.
"I walk out of this office every day at 5:30, so I'm home for dinner with my kids, and interestingly, I've been doing that since I had kids," said Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook, to Inc.
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Batman's true mission: The search for...
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2