A working mom might often feel like she's being stretched in a million different directions. But there are ways moms can have a successful career and still be committed to their family, according to INC.
Be the best employee, especially if children haven't come into the picture yet. Show the boss potential by working longer hours and sacrificing leisure time.
"You will move up quicker, gain more experience and you'll feel much better about taking some of the time back when you do have children," according to the article.
While deciding on a career, make sure it is family-friendly. Some careers still haven't established a culture for working moms.
It's important for working moms to stick to their standards and let their standards be known.
"I walk out of this office every day at 5:30, so I'm home for dinner with my kids, and interestingly, I've been doing that since I had kids," said Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook, to Inc.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Want a better return on your college...
- Got weeds? Hire a goat
- Utah high school students receive engineering...
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1
- Secret to Prism program: It's just one... 1