MILLCREEK — A 49-year-old man was arrested over the weekend following a wild road rage incident in which police say he threatened to shoot two couples and an infant.
Sunday afternoon, a vehicle merged into traffic where two lanes became one near 1300 East and 3350 South, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The driver in the vehicle behind the car that merged apparently became very upset with the car ahead of him, Hoyal said.
The driver, 49-year-old Randy Allen Jordan, jumped the curb and partially drove on the sidewalk to get around the car in front of him, then "locked up" his brakes, Hoyal said.
He repeated slamming his brakes a couple of times before pulling up next to the car and throwing a drink into the driver's side window, Hoyal said. Jordan allegedly also swerved at the vehicle a couple times as if he was trying to hit it.
While this was happening, one of the passengers in the victim's vehicle called 911.
Jordan pulled into a parking lot near 1300 East and 3900 South. Hoyal said the driver of the other car also pulled over in an attempt to get a license plate number. As soon as he pulled over, Jordan got out of his car with a gun and threatened to kill all of the occupants in the other vehicle, according to the lieutenant.
Officers arrived while both parties were still in the parking lot, Hoyal said.
Jordan was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of five counts of aggravated assault and five counts of reckless endangerment. A loaded handgun was also recovered by investigators, he said.
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Ex-congressional staffer lied about war...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 106
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 43
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 26
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19