Man arrested after road rage incident involving gun
MILLCREEK — A 49-year-old man was arrested over the weekend following a wild road rage incident in which police say he threatened to shoot two couples and an infant.
Sunday afternoon, a vehicle merged into traffic where two lanes became one near 1300 East and 3350 South, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The driver in the vehicle behind the car that merged apparently became very upset with the car ahead of him, Hoyal said.
The driver, 49-year-old Randy Allen Jordan, jumped the curb and partially drove on the sidewalk to get around the car in front of him, then "locked up" his brakes, Hoyal said.
He repeated slamming his brakes a couple of times before pulling up next to the car and throwing a drink into the driver's side window, Hoyal said. Jordan allegedly also swerved at the vehicle a couple times as if he was trying to hit it.
While this was happening, one of the passengers in the victim's vehicle called 911.
Jordan pulled into a parking lot near 1300 East and 3900 South. Hoyal said the driver of the other car also pulled over in an attempt to get a license plate number. As soon as he pulled over, Jordan got out of his car with a gun and threatened to kill all of the occupants in the other vehicle, according to the lieutenant.
Officers arrived while both parties were still in the parking lot, Hoyal said.
Jordan was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of five counts of aggravated assault and five counts of reckless endangerment. A loaded handgun was also recovered by investigators, he said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 75
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 29
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25