KEARNS — A 72-year-old Kearns man who went missing Saturday evening was located Sunday.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Jose "Joe" Naranjo was found about 11 a.m., about 16 hours after he left his home near 6100 South and 4500 West on foot.
Naranjo, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, was found near West Ridge Golf Course, 5055 S. 5950 West. Hoyal said the man was "OK."
Police said Naranjo was upset with his family when left about 5 p.m. Saturday. When he had not returned home after five hours, family members called police.
On Sunday, police issued an endangered missing advisory in the search for Naranjo because of the extreme heat and the amount of time he had been gone.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8