KEARNS — A 72-year-old Kearns man who went missing Saturday evening was located Sunday.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Jose "Joe" Naranjo was found about 11 a.m., about 16 hours after he left his home near 6100 South and 4500 West on foot.
Naranjo, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, was found near West Ridge Golf Course, 5055 S. 5950 West. Hoyal said the man was "OK."
Police said Naranjo was upset with his family when left about 5 p.m. Saturday. When he had not returned home after five hours, family members called police.
On Sunday, police issued an endangered missing advisory in the search for Naranjo because of the extreme heat and the amount of time he had been gone.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 93
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18