KEARNS — A 72-year-old Kearns man who went missing Saturday evening was located Sunday.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Jose "Joe" Naranjo was found about 11 a.m., about 16 hours after he left his home near 6100 South and 4500 West on foot.
Naranjo, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, was found near West Ridge Golf Course, 5055 S. 5950 West. Hoyal said the man was "OK."
Police said Naranjo was upset with his family when left about 5 p.m. Saturday. When he had not returned home after five hours, family members called police.
On Sunday, police issued an endangered missing advisory in the search for Naranjo because of the extreme heat and the amount of time he had been gone.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9