KEARNS — A 72-year-old Kearns man who went missing Saturday evening was located Sunday.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Jose "Joe" Naranjo was found about 11 a.m., about 16 hours after he left his home near 6100 South and 4500 West on foot.
Naranjo, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, was found near West Ridge Golf Course, 5055 S. 5950 West. Hoyal said the man was "OK."
Police said Naranjo was upset with his family when left about 5 p.m. Saturday. When he had not returned home after five hours, family members called police.
On Sunday, police issued an endangered missing advisory in the search for Naranjo because of the extreme heat and the amount of time he had been gone.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 19
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14