KEARNS — A 72-year-old Kearns man who went missing Saturday evening was located Sunday.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Jose "Joe" Naranjo was found about 11 a.m., about 16 hours after he left his home near 6100 South and 4500 West on foot.
Naranjo, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, was found near West Ridge Golf Course, 5055 S. 5950 West. Hoyal said the man was "OK."
Police said Naranjo was upset with his family when left about 5 p.m. Saturday. When he had not returned home after five hours, family members called police.
On Sunday, police issued an endangered missing advisory in the search for Naranjo because of the extreme heat and the amount of time he had been gone.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15