SANDY — One man is dead and another arrested following a shooting at an apartment complex in Sandy Saturday.
Sandy Police responded to the shooting Saturday afternoon at Windmill Cove Apartment, 9551 Brand Spring Lane. The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was transported to the hospital in serious condition, but later succumbed to his wounds.
Police withheld the name of the victim pending notification of family.
The suspect was still being interviewed Saturday. Police said they would release the name if the suspect is booked.
Police have obtained a search warrant for the apartment where the shooting occurred and were collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15