Wolf Den Fire
Where: Uintah county, 4 miles north of Big Park.
Size: 2,260 acres.
Containment: 0 percent.
Structures: No structures threatened.
Evacuations: No evacuations.
Started: 1:30 p.m. Friday.
Cause: Under investigation, possible dry lighting.
Rose Crest Fire
Where: Rose Canyon, Herriman.
Size: 611 acres.
Containment: 60 percent.
Structures: Four homes were destroyed and two others were damaged along with numerous smaller structures.
Evacuations: All evacuations were lifted for the Rose Crest Fire at 6:00 p.m. Saturday.
Started: Friday 3:30 p.m.
Cause: Hot car parked on dry grass.
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County.
Size: 5,900 acres.
Containment: 35 percent.
Structures: An estimated 14 cabins or other residences and 45 additional structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remained open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: 6 p.m. Sunday.
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused.
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County.
Size: 87,261 acres.
Containment: 15 percent.
Structures: 1 cabin and 2 maintenance sheds in Oak City were destroyed and another 125 still threatened.
Evacuations: Oak City and Fool Creek evacuation orders have been lifted; portions of U.S. Highway 125 remained closed.
Started: Wednesday at 2:15 p.m.
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned.
Cause: Human caused, under investigation.
New Harmony Fire
Where: New Harmony, Washington County.
Size: 1,826 acres.
Containment: 100 percent.
Structures: 7 homes/camp trailers, 22 garages/sheds and numerous vehicles have been lost damaged and other homes and structures in New Harmony and Bumblebee remain threatened.
Started: 1:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Injuries: 1 firefighter burned, treated and released at a local hospital.
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- Steven Powell can't go back to his home,...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer found...
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- One third of millenials regret going to college
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17