Wolf Den Fire
Where: Uintah county, 4 miles north of Big Park.
Size: 2,260 acres.
Containment: 0 percent.
Structures: No structures threatened.
Evacuations: No evacuations.
Started: 1:30 p.m. Friday.
Cause: Under investigation, possible dry lighting.
Rose Crest Fire
Where: Rose Canyon, Herriman.
Size: 611 acres.
Containment: 60 percent.
Structures: Four homes were destroyed and two others were damaged along with numerous smaller structures.
Evacuations: All evacuations were lifted for the Rose Crest Fire at 6:00 p.m. Saturday.
Started: Friday 3:30 p.m.
Cause: Hot car parked on dry grass.
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County.
Size: 5,900 acres.
Containment: 35 percent.
Structures: An estimated 14 cabins or other residences and 45 additional structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remained open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: 6 p.m. Sunday.
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused.
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County.
Size: 87,261 acres.
Containment: 15 percent.
Structures: 1 cabin and 2 maintenance sheds in Oak City were destroyed and another 125 still threatened.
Evacuations: Oak City and Fool Creek evacuation orders have been lifted; portions of U.S. Highway 125 remained closed.
Started: Wednesday at 2:15 p.m.
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned.
Cause: Human caused, under investigation.
New Harmony Fire
Where: New Harmony, Washington County.
Size: 1,826 acres.
Containment: 100 percent.
Structures: 7 homes/camp trailers, 22 garages/sheds and numerous vehicles have been lost damaged and other homes and structures in New Harmony and Bumblebee remain threatened.
Started: 1:50 p.m. Wednesday.
Injuries: 1 firefighter burned, treated and released at a local hospital.
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 19
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 18
- Judge: Biological father will share... 18