Wolf Den Fire
Where: Uintah county, 4 miles north of Big Park
Size: 1,000 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: No structures threatened
Evacuations: No evacuations
Started: 1:30 p.m. Friday
Cause: Under investigation, possible dry lighting
Rose Crest Fire
Where: Rose Canyon, Herriman
Size: 611 acres
Containment: 15 percent
Structures: Three homes and one two-car detached garage have been burned
Evacuations: 950 homes evacuated. Points west and south of 6400 West and 13100 South/Main Street are closed. Residents should evacuate heading east on Rose Canyon Rd or east on 14200 South
Started: Friday 3:30 p.m.
Cause: Car fire
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County
Size: 5,750 acres
Containment: 30 percent
Structures: Approximately 18 unidentified structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remains open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: 6 p.m. Sunday
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 88,000 acres
Containment: 15 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 3 maintenance sheds in Oak City were destroyed and another 125 still threatened
Evacuations: Oak City and Fool Creek evacuation orders have been lifted; portions of U.S. Highway 125 remained closed
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
New Harmony Fire
Where: New Harmony, Washington County
Size: 1,826 acres
Containment: 90 percent full containment expected by Saturday
Structures: 7 homes/camp trailers, 22 garages/sheds and numerous vehicles have been lost damaged and other homes and structures in New Harmony and Bumblebee remain threatened
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Doug Robinson: Memo to the government: Feel...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17