Wolf Den Fire
Where: Uintah county, 4 miles north of Big Park
Size: 1,000 acres
Containment: 0 percent
Structures: No structures threatened
Evacuations: No evacuations
Started: 1:30 p.m. Friday
Cause: Under investigation, possible dry lighting
Rose Crest Fire
Where: Rose Canyon, Herriman
Size: 611 acres
Containment: 15 percent
Structures: Three homes and one two-car detached garage have been burned
Evacuations: 950 homes evacuated. Points west and south of 6400 West and 13100 South/Main Street are closed. Residents should evacuate heading east on Rose Canyon Rd or east on 14200 South
Started: Friday 3:30 p.m.
Cause: Car fire
Church Camp Fire
Where: Argyle and Indian canyons, 22 miles south of Duchesne in Duchesne County
Size: 5,750 acres
Containment: 30 percent
Structures: Approximately 18 unidentified structures have been destroyed.
Evacuations: All residences/cabins on Argyle Canyon Road have been evacuated; U.S. Highway 191 over Indian Canyon remains open, but visibility is low due to heavy smoke and fire personnel frequently crossing.
Started: 6 p.m. Sunday
Cause: Under investigation, likely human caused
Clay Springs Fire
Where: Oak City, Millard County
Size: 88,000 acres
Containment: 15 percent
Structures: 1 cabin and 3 maintenance sheds in Oak City were destroyed and another 125 still threatened
Evacuations: Oak City and Fool Creek evacuation orders have been lifted; portions of U.S. Highway 125 remained closed
Injuries: 2 firefighters burned
Cause: Human caused, under investigation
New Harmony Fire
Where: New Harmony, Washington County
Size: 1,826 acres
Containment: 90 percent full containment expected by Saturday
Structures: 7 homes/camp trailers, 22 garages/sheds and numerous vehicles have been lost damaged and other homes and structures in New Harmony and Bumblebee remain threatened
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Utah defends busting theater for serving...
- Lawyers for victim in teacher sex case...
- Polynesians refused service at Utah bar...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- National conservative group backs... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15