Our Take: Several Arizona news stations and newspapers have reported on a fire that started Friday morning in an LDS church building in Tolleson, Ariz. Officials indicated they suspect arson.
A church building owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Tolleson, Ariz., caught fire early Friday morning, and investigators suspect the blaze was caused by arson.
A neighbor saw smoke coming from vents at the chapel, near 95th Avenue and Pierce Street, around 2:15 a.m. Friday morning, according to George Good, Tolleson Fire Department fire chief.
Fire crews arrived to find the windows of the church broken and fought the blaze. Crews believed the fire was under control at 3:30 a.m. but a spark in the attic reignited the blaze, Good said. At 6:30 a.m., the fire appeared to be under control. Half of the structure appears to be a total loss.
Crews from Tolleson, Phoenix, Goodyear, Glendale and Avondale responded to the fire.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9