They're not the only travel bloggers who have gotten their names out there.
When Frugal Travel Guy Rick Ingersoll travels, he helps out his followers with tips on how to get the most bang for their buck. Ingersoll has been to six continents and trekked around the world twice, paying little to nothing to stay in some of the world's most luxurious hotels and fly business or first-class.
He started his hobby by reading travel forums with suggestions for certain deals and became somewhat of an expert on cheap travel in his circle of friends.
"On October 27, 2007, there was an article on USA Today about a lady who started a blog about cooking or recipes, and started monetizing with online ads," Ingersoll said. "I decided that's the way I'm going to spread the word. I had been helping my neighbors and friends, and I started the blog on that same day, October 27, 2007."
However, his blog can help only those with good credit scores. For those financially savvy folks, the blog can make travel not only cheap, but sometimes free. He recommends taking advantage of credit card application deals and using credit cards for everyday items to earn frequent flier miles.
"If you know what you're doing, and you can spend a little time, there's tons of promotions that go on that allow people to garnish frequent flier points, and wholesale points you can use at retail value," Ingersoll said.
He plans to travel to New Zealand as much as possible because of its "scenery that is literally out of this world" and a non-crowded vacation in a warm and beautiful place.
He said with a little planning, anyone can go on a fabulous trip for an affordable price.
"People can see the places they want at prices they can afford," Ingersoll said. "You can't always buy travel with cash. Think of frequent flier miles as other currency to reduce your travel costs. The results can be truly significant."
- The first sign your marriage is in trouble
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- Foster care labor of love for Foster Mother...
- Not eternal: Paris removes 'love locks' from...
- Hunter student hit by car wins 'Absolutely...
- How food advertising confuses children about...
- Report examines the needs of Utah's growing...
- 25 restaurants that offer free food on your...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 27
- ‘Wife bonus:’ Is paying... 13
- How food advertising confuses children... 10
- The first sign your marriage is in trouble 7
- Meet your child's next best friend 3
- Michelle Singletary: Helping your adult... 2
- Not eternal: Paris removes 'love locks'... 1
- Music in the air: Outdoor concerts... 1