North Salt Lake hosts Independence Day festival on July 3
NORTH SALT LAKE — Independence Day will be celebrated a day early in the city of North Salt Lake.
The city will hold several family-friendly events prior to the July 3rd fireworks show.
The festivities will kick-off Saturday with the 15th annual 5K race at Legacy Park. Following the 5K race, kids can participate in a free 1K race at 8 a.m.
For anyone who would rather eat than run, the North Salt Lake Youth City Council will host a pancake breakfast at Foxboro Park. Celebrations will continue with the Eaglewood Festival of Speed on Monday, July 2, featuring antique and exotic cars. Admission is free and the show begins at 7 p.m.
All events will lead up to the fireworks display at Eaglewood Golf Course on Tuesday night. The show will begin with an aerial flyover and fireworks afterwards. Families can set up a viewing location as early as 6 p.m.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14