NORTH SALT LAKE — Independence Day will be celebrated a day early in the city of North Salt Lake.
The city will hold several family-friendly events prior to the July 3rd fireworks show.
The festivities will kick-off Saturday with the 15th annual 5K race at Legacy Park. Following the 5K race, kids can participate in a free 1K race at 8 a.m.
For anyone who would rather eat than run, the North Salt Lake Youth City Council will host a pancake breakfast at Foxboro Park. Celebrations will continue with the Eaglewood Festival of Speed on Monday, July 2, featuring antique and exotic cars. Admission is free and the show begins at 7 p.m.
All events will lead up to the fireworks display at Eaglewood Golf Course on Tuesday night. The show will begin with an aerial flyover and fireworks afterwards. Families can set up a viewing location as early as 6 p.m.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24