North Salt Lake hosts Independence Day festival on July 3
NORTH SALT LAKE — Independence Day will be celebrated a day early in the city of North Salt Lake.
The city will hold several family-friendly events prior to the July 3rd fireworks show.
The festivities will kick-off Saturday with the 15th annual 5K race at Legacy Park. Following the 5K race, kids can participate in a free 1K race at 8 a.m.
For anyone who would rather eat than run, the North Salt Lake Youth City Council will host a pancake breakfast at Foxboro Park. Celebrations will continue with the Eaglewood Festival of Speed on Monday, July 2, featuring antique and exotic cars. Admission is free and the show begins at 7 p.m.
All events will lead up to the fireworks display at Eaglewood Golf Course on Tuesday night. The show will begin with an aerial flyover and fireworks afterwards. Families can set up a viewing location as early as 6 p.m.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13