North Salt Lake hosts Independence Day festival on July 3
NORTH SALT LAKE — Independence Day will be celebrated a day early in the city of North Salt Lake.
The city will hold several family-friendly events prior to the July 3rd fireworks show.
The festivities will kick-off Saturday with the 15th annual 5K race at Legacy Park. Following the 5K race, kids can participate in a free 1K race at 8 a.m.
For anyone who would rather eat than run, the North Salt Lake Youth City Council will host a pancake breakfast at Foxboro Park. Celebrations will continue with the Eaglewood Festival of Speed on Monday, July 2, featuring antique and exotic cars. Admission is free and the show begins at 7 p.m.
All events will lead up to the fireworks display at Eaglewood Golf Course on Tuesday night. The show will begin with an aerial flyover and fireworks afterwards. Families can set up a viewing location as early as 6 p.m.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- Walking tour, barbecue Saturday in Murray
- Utah communities still among fastest-growing...
- Photos: Oh, let's go fly ... a drone
- Photos: Subway treats the needy to lunch
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12