NORTH SALT LAKE — Independence Day will be celebrated a day early in the city of North Salt Lake.
The city will hold several family-friendly events prior to the July 3rd fireworks show.
The festivities will kick-off Saturday with the 15th annual 5K race at Legacy Park. Following the 5K race, kids can participate in a free 1K race at 8 a.m.
For anyone who would rather eat than run, the North Salt Lake Youth City Council will host a pancake breakfast at Foxboro Park. Celebrations will continue with the Eaglewood Festival of Speed on Monday, July 2, featuring antique and exotic cars. Admission is free and the show begins at 7 p.m.
All events will lead up to the fireworks display at Eaglewood Golf Course on Tuesday night. The show will begin with an aerial flyover and fireworks afterwards. Families can set up a viewing location as early as 6 p.m.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13