Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Related list: Preventing failure and 11 other tips for entrepreneurs
At times, starting a business means seeing money diminish as you trial and error your way through an idea. However, entrepreneurs can salvage some money through living frugally.
Distinguishing needs from wants can help entrepreneurs to give up their luxury items, according to Under 30 CEO. Saying no to wants — like eating out — allows more cash to fund a business. Eating at restaurants for two meals each day can rack up $400 each month, according to the article.
However, there are some things that shouldn't be cut, like a gym membership, said the article. Kevin YU, COO of SpringCoin, said that keeping his gym membership helped him get through the week.
"Working 70 to 80 hours a week as an entrepreneur will push you to your breaking point," said Yu. "I can't stress enough how important it is to get your daily exercise. Getting out of your office for a quick run will clear your head and allow you to think more clearly."
Being frugal will help in taking steps forward in funding a business idea.
"Sometimes you might have to remind yourself why you chose this road. One of the best things of being an entrepreneur is being able to look back and tell yourself that you accomplished what most people could only dream of," said the article.
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco chicken...
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic Con...
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees
- Dave Ramsey says: Include minor car repairs...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Mark Zuckerberg is taking two months...
- Man killed in Salt Lake industrial accident
- 5 ways you drive away millennial employees 14
- Former Eagle Gate College instructor... 10
- Pfizer, Allergan $160B deal forms... 6
- Utah liquor commission going slow on... 4
- Russian military says its bombing... 3
- Confusion over ISIS name leads to... 2
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.6... 1
- Balancing act: Pause, reflect on... 1