Fire at Crestwood Park evacuates busy summer swimming pool, chars field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A fire at Crestwood Park resulted in the evacuation of a swimming pool Tuesday.
Fire officials received several calls after 2 p.m. of a fire at 1700 E. 7500 South that burned more than five acres of fields, according to Unified Fire Authority Captain Lee Ascarte.
Ascarte said the fire did not cause any damage, other than charred fields, and was fully contained 30 minutes after firefighters responded.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, as officials are still investigating the fire.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18