Fire at Crestwood Park evacuates busy summer swimming pool, chars field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A fire at Crestwood Park resulted in the evacuation of a swimming pool Tuesday.
Fire officials received several calls after 2 p.m. of a fire at 1700 E. 7500 South that burned more than five acres of fields, according to Unified Fire Authority Captain Lee Ascarte.
Ascarte said the fire did not cause any damage, other than charred fields, and was fully contained 30 minutes after firefighters responded.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, as officials are still investigating the fire.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 14