Fire at Crestwood Park evacuates busy summer swimming pool, chars field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A fire at Crestwood Park resulted in the evacuation of a swimming pool Tuesday.
Fire officials received several calls after 2 p.m. of a fire at 1700 E. 7500 South that burned more than five acres of fields, according to Unified Fire Authority Captain Lee Ascarte.
Ascarte said the fire did not cause any damage, other than charred fields, and was fully contained 30 minutes after firefighters responded.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, as officials are still investigating the fire.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 11
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9