Fire at Crestwood Park evacuates busy summer swimming pool, chars field
Tom Smart, Deseret News
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A fire at Crestwood Park resulted in the evacuation of a swimming pool Tuesday.
Fire officials received several calls after 2 p.m. of a fire at 1700 E. 7500 South that burned more than five acres of fields, according to Unified Fire Authority Captain Lee Ascarte.
Ascarte said the fire did not cause any damage, other than charred fields, and was fully contained 30 minutes after firefighters responded.
The cause of the fire has not been determined, as officials are still investigating the fire.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12