WEST JORDAN — Livability.com has named West Jordan as one of the Top 10 soccer cities in the country.
The website, that highlights more than 500 of America’s best places to live and visit, looked at small to mid-size cities with the best soccer programs and facilities, as well as cities with quality park systems, well-maintained streets and other culture and recreation amenities.
The website ranked West Jordan No. 8 on the list because the city is home to a pair of soccer complexes that offer 41 fields to play on.
The Utah Youth Soccer Complex features 20 fields on 117 acres. West Jordan has hosted many U.S. Youth Soccer tournaments, including the Presidents Cup.
Among the youth clubs in West Jordan is West Jordan Youth Soccer, which averages between 400 and 700 players each year. There are seven soccer clubs in the city.
Soccer fans in West Jordan can also watch Real Salt Lake play at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. The team averages 17,365 fans per game and won the MLS Cup in 2009.
No. 1 on the list was Overland Park, Kansas, followed by: Plano, Texas; San Bernardino, Calif; Rock Hill, S.C.; Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Chapel Hill, N.C.; Appleton, Wisc.; West Jordan; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Princeton, N.J.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 16
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15