WEST JORDAN — Livability.com has named West Jordan as one of the Top 10 soccer cities in the country.
The website, that highlights more than 500 of America’s best places to live and visit, looked at small to mid-size cities with the best soccer programs and facilities, as well as cities with quality park systems, well-maintained streets and other culture and recreation amenities.
The website ranked West Jordan No. 8 on the list because the city is home to a pair of soccer complexes that offer 41 fields to play on.
The Utah Youth Soccer Complex features 20 fields on 117 acres. West Jordan has hosted many U.S. Youth Soccer tournaments, including the Presidents Cup.
Among the youth clubs in West Jordan is West Jordan Youth Soccer, which averages between 400 and 700 players each year. There are seven soccer clubs in the city.
Soccer fans in West Jordan can also watch Real Salt Lake play at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. The team averages 17,365 fans per game and won the MLS Cup in 2009.
No. 1 on the list was Overland Park, Kansas, followed by: Plano, Texas; San Bernardino, Calif; Rock Hill, S.C.; Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Chapel Hill, N.C.; Appleton, Wisc.; West Jordan; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Princeton, N.J.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13