WEST JORDAN — Livability.com has named West Jordan as one of the Top 10 soccer cities in the country.
The website, that highlights more than 500 of America’s best places to live and visit, looked at small to mid-size cities with the best soccer programs and facilities, as well as cities with quality park systems, well-maintained streets and other culture and recreation amenities.
The website ranked West Jordan No. 8 on the list because the city is home to a pair of soccer complexes that offer 41 fields to play on.
The Utah Youth Soccer Complex features 20 fields on 117 acres. West Jordan has hosted many U.S. Youth Soccer tournaments, including the Presidents Cup.
Among the youth clubs in West Jordan is West Jordan Youth Soccer, which averages between 400 and 700 players each year. There are seven soccer clubs in the city.
Soccer fans in West Jordan can also watch Real Salt Lake play at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy. The team averages 17,365 fans per game and won the MLS Cup in 2009.
No. 1 on the list was Overland Park, Kansas, followed by: Plano, Texas; San Bernardino, Calif; Rock Hill, S.C.; Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Chapel Hill, N.C.; Appleton, Wisc.; West Jordan; Scottsdale, Ariz.; and Princeton, N.J.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15