Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — People could be found trying to beat the heat in places like Popperton Park, where many enjoyed sliding down a hill that was covered with a plastic sheet that had water running down it.
Temperatures will be in the high 90s and reach 100 this weekend, and will remain in the 90s next week.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11