SALT LAKE CITY — A collaborative community celebration combined with a Jordan River Parkway Trail cleanup is slated for Saturday, featuring fun for the family and free lunch.
The event hosted by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality is being held in conjunction with multiple organizations, including the Utah Society for Environmental Education, Communidadas Unidas and the Jordan River Commission.
Cleanup of the trail is from 10 a.m. to noon with Day Riverside Library, 1575 W. 1000 North, as the gathering place, followed by lunch and the community event held until 3 p.m.
Saturday's events are part of the Children's Environmental Health Environmental Justice Geographic Initiative, which is a multi-agency effort focusing on reducing environmental risks to children's health. Partners are hosting the cleanup and community celebration along the Jordan River in response to a community needs assessment that identified the river as an amenity residents would like to see cleaned up and made safer.
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What people never mention when they talk...
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Fox News blocked from Dish Network
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- Amazon offers one-hour delivery in Manhattan...
- California puzzles over safety of driverless...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- What people never mention when they... 3
- US current account deficit rises to... 1
- Incoming Senate Majority Leader Mitch... 1
- A look at North Korea's cyberwar... 1