SALT LAKE CITY — A collaborative community celebration combined with a Jordan River Parkway Trail cleanup is slated for Saturday, featuring fun for the family and free lunch.
The event hosted by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality is being held in conjunction with multiple organizations, including the Utah Society for Environmental Education, Communidadas Unidas and the Jordan River Commission.
Cleanup of the trail is from 10 a.m. to noon with Day Riverside Library, 1575 W. 1000 North, as the gathering place, followed by lunch and the community event held until 3 p.m.
Saturday's events are part of the Children's Environmental Health Environmental Justice Geographic Initiative, which is a multi-agency effort focusing on reducing environmental risks to children's health. Partners are hosting the cleanup and community celebration along the Jordan River in response to a community needs assessment that identified the river as an amenity residents would like to see cleaned up and made safer.
- Fewer breezes led to less wind power... 11
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson could... 8
- Democratic A.G. candidate says Reyes... 3
- FBI says it won't disclose how it... 2
- How much did people spend on cars the... 2
- US consumer confidence slips in April 1
- US home prices rise at solid pace, even... 1
- New vistas open up at small businesses... 0