SALT LAKE CITY — A collaborative community celebration combined with a Jordan River Parkway Trail cleanup is slated for Saturday, featuring fun for the family and free lunch.
The event hosted by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality is being held in conjunction with multiple organizations, including the Utah Society for Environmental Education, Communidadas Unidas and the Jordan River Commission.
Cleanup of the trail is from 10 a.m. to noon with Day Riverside Library, 1575 W. 1000 North, as the gathering place, followed by lunch and the community event held until 3 p.m.
Saturday's events are part of the Children's Environmental Health Environmental Justice Geographic Initiative, which is a multi-agency effort focusing on reducing environmental risks to children's health. Partners are hosting the cleanup and community celebration along the Jordan River in response to a community needs assessment that identified the river as an amenity residents would like to see cleaned up and made safer.
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza 'scandal'...
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- David Sturt: Have you failed enough?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Doug Robinson: Gail Miller — Carrying...
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- Report: Utah made big money by keeping... 8
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 8
- Demolition underway on major downtown... 5
- Doug Robinson: Gail Miller —... 4
- Stericycle move to Tooele gets House... 4