SALT LAKE CITY — A collaborative community celebration combined with a Jordan River Parkway Trail cleanup is slated for Saturday, featuring fun for the family and free lunch.
The event hosted by the Utah Department of Environmental Quality is being held in conjunction with multiple organizations, including the Utah Society for Environmental Education, Communidadas Unidas and the Jordan River Commission.
Cleanup of the trail is from 10 a.m. to noon with Day Riverside Library, 1575 W. 1000 North, as the gathering place, followed by lunch and the community event held until 3 p.m.
Saturday's events are part of the Children's Environmental Health Environmental Justice Geographic Initiative, which is a multi-agency effort focusing on reducing environmental risks to children's health. Partners are hosting the cleanup and community celebration along the Jordan River in response to a community needs assessment that identified the river as an amenity residents would like to see cleaned up and made safer.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Apple sells more than 10 million iPhones in...
- How much of your paycheck do you take home?
- Why one inner-city kid didn't sell drugs to...
- NASA's Maven spacecraft enters Mars orbit
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air proposal...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 4
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should... 1