Who's who of GOP elite coming to Utah for weekend retreat with Romney donors
Romney, who sold his Deer Valley home several years ago, was in Utah earlier this month for fundraisers at the Grand America Hotel and a $50,000-a-plate dinner at a private home in Bountiful.
The Deer Valley retreat is one of two that will be held for top donors and fundraisers. Details of the fall retreat, including where it will be held, have yet to be announced. The same group will also receive special access to the GOP's national convention in Tampa.
Hagle said such treatment is typical for big campaign backers, Republican and Democrat. "It's that access," he said, "that causes them to open their checkbooks."
Deer Valley retreat schedule
• Former Secretary of State James Baker, former Minnesota Sen. Norm Coleman, Tennesee Sen. Bob Corker, Weekly Standard Editor Bill Kristol and former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt, head of planning for a Romney transition to the White House, panel discussion on banking, health care and Israel
• Barbeque at Utah Olympic Park
• Arizona Sen. John McCain
• Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman, financiar Ken Langone, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan and South Dakota Sen. John Thune panel discussion on innovation.
• Romney legal counsel Ben Ginsberg, Fred Barnes, GOP strategists Mary Matalin and Karl Rove, and Kristol panel discussion on the media.
• Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Afternoon tea hosted by Ann Romney and Olympic ice skating gold-medalist Dorothy Hamill
• Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Undercover operation seizes $600,000 in...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 161
- Romney decision not to run again... 47
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21