Utah State soccer: team completes roster with three more players
Utah State head soccer coach Heather Cairns announced Thursday the addition of three more players for the 2012 season. Junior midifielder Robin Hansen, junior defender Jackie Tillotson and freshman forward Kaitlyn Wilcox will join the Aggies this season. The trio rounds out the 12-member 2012 USU soccer signing class.
Hansen, a Hyde Park, Utah native, played her first two seasons at Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs, Iowa. At IWCC, Hansen was a two-year starter and an anchor for the Reiver midfield. She scored seven goals and tallied five assists as a Reiver. After graduating early, Hansen transferred to Utah State for the spring semester and has already begun training with the Aggies.
Wilcox, a Tremonton, Utah, native, missed her senior season due to an injury but was still named team captain. During her high school career, she earned all-region and all-state honors. During her junior year, she set the school scoring record with 16 goals. Wilcox has started since her sophomore season and scored 22 career goals.
She has one sister, Amanda, who played soccer at Iowa Western, while her father Gene, wrestled at BYU.
Tillotson, who hails from Sandy, Utah, played two seasons at UNLV a future Mountain West Conference rival of Utah State. She played in 16 of the Rebels’ 21 matches last season and started eight of them. She had one assist and took two shots.
Her father played football at Utah State (1975-79), while sister Bobbi played soccer at BYU (2003-04) and sister Summer played at Utah State (2008-11). Summer earned all-Western Athletic Conference honors twice in her storied career.
Utah State has seven starters and 12 letterwinners returning from last year’s historic team that ended the season with a 15-5-2 record. The Aggies recorded a 5-1-1 WAC record en route to their third WAC regular-season title in four years. USU also won its first WAC Tournament title and advanced to its first NCAA Tournament.
2012 USU SOCCER SIGNEES
NAME POS. YR HOMETOWN (HIGH SCHOOL/LAST SCHOOL)
Samantha Curtis M FR Cottonwood Heights, Utah (Brighton HS)
Jamie Duke M FR Sandy, Utah (Waterford School)
Danielle Gaztambide F FR Salt Lake City, Utah (Judge Memorial)
Maris Hamblin M/F FR Highland, Utah (Lone Peak HS)
Robin Hansen M JR Hyde Park, Utah (Sky View HS/Iowa Western CC)
Lexie Henrie D/M FR Orem, Utah (Timpanogos HS)
Sara Lorscheider D FR Centerville, Utah (Viewmont HS)
Tessa Nicolaides M JR Salt Lake City, Utah (East HS/Saint Marys)
Natalie Stoven GK FR Cottonwood Heights, Utah (Brighton HS)
Jackie Tillotson D JR Sandy, Utah (Alta HS/UNLV)
Kaitlyn Wilcox F FR Tremonton, Utah (Bear River HS)
Jeannie Woller GK FR Sandy, Utah (Waterford School)
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 149
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 100
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 79
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29