MURRAY — About 650 people, including visitors from Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming and Idaho, attended the June 9 family history conference by the seven-stake Murray region of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to conference coordinator Darrell Townsend.
Class topics ranged from the basics of genealogy research to writing family histories.
Exhibits included companies offering assistance with writing and publishing family histories, genealogy computer programs, ancestral photography, genealogy supplies and charts.
Through one of the family history classes, one attendee found an answer to a genealogy question she has had for 25 years, Townsend said.
Organizers hope that this will be an annual event.
Genealogy graduate Russell Bangerter is president of Ancestral Connections, Inc., at ancestralconnect.com. He is a professional genealogist, author and speaker; and adviser to Treasured Souls to Keep, at treasuredsoulstokeep.com.
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3