MURRAY — About 650 people, including visitors from Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming and Idaho, attended the June 9 family history conference by the seven-stake Murray region of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to conference coordinator Darrell Townsend.
Class topics ranged from the basics of genealogy research to writing family histories.
Exhibits included companies offering assistance with writing and publishing family histories, genealogy computer programs, ancestral photography, genealogy supplies and charts.
Through one of the family history classes, one attendee found an answer to a genealogy question she has had for 25 years, Townsend said.
Organizers hope that this will be an annual event.
Genealogy graduate Russell Bangerter is president of Ancestral Connections, Inc., at ancestralconnect.com. He is a professional genealogist, author and speaker; and adviser to Treasured Souls to Keep, at treasuredsoulstokeep.com.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- All Blacks perform haka tribute for deceased...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 16
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1