Woman ordered to prison for sexual relationship with teen neighbor
SALT LAKE CITY — A West Valley woman who admitted carrying on a sexual relationship with a teenager has been sentenced to prison.
Adorabelle Bonifacio, 47, was ordered to spend 12 years to life in prison for attempted rape of a child and attempted sodomy upon a child, first-degree felonies, and two counts of sexual abuse of a child, a second-degree felony. Third District Judge Katie Bernards-Goodman sentenced Bonifacio to five years to life in prison for each of the first-degree felony counts and one to 15 years in prison for both second-degree felonies.
The judge ordered the sentences to run consecutive to each other.
The woman originally faced 26 felonies. The additional charges were dismissed in exchange for Bonifacio's plea.
The victim testified that he had known Bonifacio since he was about 4 years old. He was a friend of her son and often spent the night at their home. He said the relationship turned sexual just before his 13th birthday and continued until he was 16.
Investigators started looking into the alleged abuse after several people who believed something was going on between the woman and the teen stepped forward and called police. Detectives indicated that Bonifacio was not cooperative in the investigation.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17