MIDVALE — Residents of Salt Lake County Special Service District No. 1 can participate in a waste collection event on Saturday, June 30, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Public Works Facility in Midvale, 7125 S. 600 West.
Acceptable items include green waste, bulk waste, recyclables, glass, electronic waste and documents for shredding. Green waste will be chipped and composted; recyclables will be sorted, processed and returned to market; electronic waste will be disassembled and recycled; glass will be processed and recycled; bulk waste will be transported to the landfill; and documents will be shredded by Rocky Mountain Document Destruction.
Residents can watch as your sensitive documents are destroyed, and the paper fibers will be recycled. Rocky Mountain Document Destruction also destroys computer hard drives and will accept them at this event. Hard drives must be removed from the computer.
The event is free of charge and open to all residents of Special Service District No. 1 (Herriman, Taylorsville, Cottonwood Heights, Holladay and all unincorporated Salt Lake County). All loads must be tarped and properly secured for transport to the event.
Household hazardous waste will not be accepted, but residents may drop such materials at either Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Facility located at 6030 W. California Ave. or the Trans-Jordan Landfill located at 10873 S. 7200 West between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14