SALT LAKE CITY — Community College Week has named Salt Lake Community College as the third most prolific producer of associate degrees in the nation.
“Salt Lake Community College’s national No. 3 ranking is a testament to the hard work and persistence of our students, their faculty and remarkable support staff,” SLCC President Cynthia Bioteau said.
The Top 100 list compiled by Community College Week considers all associate degrees —without distinction between types of degree, such as associate of arts, associate of science or associate of applied science —conferred during the 2010-11 academic year. It uses data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics through the Integrated Post-secondary Education Data Set (IPEDS) completions survey. The list includes all institutions from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The results of the 2012 Top 100 list were originally published in the June 11 issue of Community College Week and can be found online at: www.ccweek.com/.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26