SALT LAKE CITY — Community College Week has named Salt Lake Community College as the third most prolific producer of associate degrees in the nation.
“Salt Lake Community College’s national No. 3 ranking is a testament to the hard work and persistence of our students, their faculty and remarkable support staff,” SLCC President Cynthia Bioteau said.
The Top 100 list compiled by Community College Week considers all associate degrees —without distinction between types of degree, such as associate of arts, associate of science or associate of applied science —conferred during the 2010-11 academic year. It uses data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics through the Integrated Post-secondary Education Data Set (IPEDS) completions survey. The list includes all institutions from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The results of the 2012 Top 100 list were originally published in the June 11 issue of Community College Week and can be found online at: www.ccweek.com/.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17