SALT LAKE CITY — Community College Week has named Salt Lake Community College as the third most prolific producer of associate degrees in the nation.
“Salt Lake Community College’s national No. 3 ranking is a testament to the hard work and persistence of our students, their faculty and remarkable support staff,” SLCC President Cynthia Bioteau said.
The Top 100 list compiled by Community College Week considers all associate degrees —without distinction between types of degree, such as associate of arts, associate of science or associate of applied science —conferred during the 2010-11 academic year. It uses data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics through the Integrated Post-secondary Education Data Set (IPEDS) completions survey. The list includes all institutions from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The results of the 2012 Top 100 list were originally published in the June 11 issue of Community College Week and can be found online at: www.ccweek.com/.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 30
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17