SALT LAKE CITY — Community College Week has named Salt Lake Community College as the third most prolific producer of associate degrees in the nation.
“Salt Lake Community College’s national No. 3 ranking is a testament to the hard work and persistence of our students, their faculty and remarkable support staff,” SLCC President Cynthia Bioteau said.
The Top 100 list compiled by Community College Week considers all associate degrees —without distinction between types of degree, such as associate of arts, associate of science or associate of applied science —conferred during the 2010-11 academic year. It uses data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics through the Integrated Post-secondary Education Data Set (IPEDS) completions survey. The list includes all institutions from the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
The results of the 2012 Top 100 list were originally published in the June 11 issue of Community College Week and can be found online at: www.ccweek.com/.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8