Utah Supreme Court clerk of the court killed in motorcycle accident
KAMAS, Summit County — A Centerville woman killed in a motorcycle crash has been identified as the clerk of the court for the Utah Supreme Court.
Pat Bartholomew, 59, and her husband, Ross, 63, died when their motorcycle crossed the center line of state Route 150, or the Mirror Lake Highway, and struck a car head on, Utah Highway Patrol officials reported. Utah Supreme Court Chief Justice Matthew Durrant said Pat Bartholomew had worked as the clerk of the court for the past 23 years.
Before that, she worked in the state's juvenile court.
"Pat was a consummate professional who was loved and respected by her colleagues and by those in the law community," Durrant said. "She was warm, friendly, kind and respectful to those with whom she worked. Pat will be greatly missed by our court family."
The accident happened at 2:49 p.m. Saturday, six miles east of Kamas. The two men in the car that was struck by the motorcycle were uninjured and there is no obvious cause of the crash.
"The other vehicle was entirely in its lane, so there's nothing to say why," UHP Cpl. Todd Johnson said.
The accident remains under investigation, but it appeared both Ross and Pat Bartholomew were wearing helmets. Johnson said there was no indication that impairment played a role in the crash.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 20
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 16
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13