Why wait to start a career when you have the means to do so now? Musical sisters and BYU-Hawaii students Hailey and Allie Gardiner are encouraging other students to pursue their careers while in college just as they have, according to Ke Alaka'i.
"If any student has a goal or career, remember to keep the Lord involved," Allie Gardiner, a freshman studying graphic design, told Ke Alaka'I. "He'll work with you and help you to achieve your dream. He wants to help you be happy and be successful."
Originally from North Carolina, the sisters' band, called "The Gardiner Sisters," began on YouTube in 2008. They sang their original songs on YouTube and in talent competitions and festivals and were even invited to sing in the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, Canada, said the article.
"In order to be successful, confidence is the key," said Gardiner to Ke Alaka'i. "Don't compare. You are something unique. There's always going to be someone better than you. It shouldn't stop you."
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The Interview'...
- Russians rush to stores to pre-empt price rises
- US consumer prices fall in November
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over phone,...
- Randy Shumway: One solution for air...
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 7
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3