WEST VALLEY CITY — Beginning in July, West Valley City will begin billing property owners directly for sanitation services and storm water utility fees. Previously, these charges have been included on the Rocky Mountain Power bill each month.
The amount charged will remain the same and property owners should see a decrease in their Rocky Mountain Power bills for the same amount as the sanitation services and storm water utility fees.
The city is implementing the billing changes using three phases: Area A, east of Redwood Road, first bills sent beginning in July; Area B, Redwood Road to 4800 West, first bills sent beginning in September; Area C, west of 4800 West, first bills sent beginning in November.
Sanitation service is $13.30 per month, which includes one garbage can and one recycle can. There is a charge of $6.45 per month for each additional can. The storm water utility charges $4 for a typical residential property. That makes the basic charge for property owners $17.30 per month, with additional charges for additional cans. Residents will have the option to pay bills online or by mail.
For more information, call 801-963-3334 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/utilitybilling.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17