SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Foster Care Foundation is celebrating its 10th annual Chalk Art Festival Friday and Saturday at the Gateway. Saturday's event takes place from 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and is open to the public.
This year, 130 artists will spend two days on their knees, blending chalk pastels on the streets of The Gateway. The featured mural is the collaborative effort of four artists, including Lee and Brin Jones from Orlando. The theme is "Foster Parents are Super Heroes."
The event benefits the 2,700-plus Utah children in foster care and the dedicated families who nurture them.
For more information on foster care, please visit utahfostercare.org. The event is free and the public can view the chalk art through Sunday.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Real Salt Lake: 'No comment' on XanGo...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 25
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 17
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11